StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps Greywolf or Richland Rick might know if the camshafts from an earlier Strom will interchange with the ones in a beak Strom? I know it seems to be an unlikely question, but there it is. Any takers?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Interestingly enough, all years of DL1000, 2002 to present, have the same part numbers for the camshafts.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
While there have been some attempts at putting SV cams in DL's, I think even those ended up not worth the effort. Something to do with cam sensors in different places keeps it from being a bolt in swap. If the DL's all have the same part number as Greywolf shows, no help in swapping cams between them. Michael Schmidt hangs out on the SV forums and has built a LOT of SV and DL engines and knows the tricks that work on them.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info, thanks guys. I've just been thinking of getting a newer Vee and I have so much $$ invested in my cams that I'd like to "take them with me". They are my cams, reground to be like SV performance cams. I'll see if I can find the SV guy you mentioned, RS. Bobby

1 - 4 of 4 Posts