StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. If you are passing through Penticton BC (1 hour south of Kelowna) on your travels and need a place for a tent or to work on the bike, I am offering my yard or spare bedroom and my garage and tools. The BBQ is always lit, the beer is always cold and the pool is always wet. Just drop me a line here and we can see if I can help out. There are also some amazing riding roads in the area if you wanted a tour of the local surroundings.

Cheers and happy travels.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Madchap. Where did you stay? There are lots of dumpy tourist motels/hotels here. Most survive on location alone (I.e.- across from beach, short walk to downtown, etc.)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice offer! I passed thru your corner of God's backyard a few years ago. It might be some of the best riding surrounds in the NW. Cheers!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ooops, got my Canadian cities mixed up. We stayed at Princeton, not Penticton at the end of our ride. We were doing the BC portion of the TCAT so we rode Venner Meadows Rd to Shuttleworth Creek Rd to hwy 33, near you.

Here's my spots track of the entire trip.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=aca053d9a749a039b

What an awesome trip it was, except my chain started to bind and we had to re-route several times trying to find a chain. Eventually we completely missed the southwestern portion as we slabbed it from Williams Lake to Kamloops to get a chain. Then we jumped on some of the WABDR heading back home.

I want to ride BC more as it was awesome!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh yeah. Princeton is a bit of a hole. Some awesome riding in this area. Great roads. I need to get more proficient with gravel and off road. Since I sold my Jeep I haven't been up the mountains at all.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey all. If you are passing through Penticton BC (1 hour south of Kelowna)...
Just rode thru on Sunday..it was with my CanAm 650XT ATV though:laugh2:
Rode LostMoose>Carmi>Beaverdell and back..about 85 miles 135Km.
I did stop in YYF to pick up a couple of things off Castanet:
An AirHawk2 seat pad @$ 75 and a brand new heated vest for $50..items needed for AUG-SEP Wee Alaska trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts