StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Strommers,

I'm going to be traveling through Colorado in early September.
Can anyone put me onto a good campground near Leadville, CO?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found Turquoise Lake. There is a campground there called Sugarloafin' Campground. On the website it looks pretty good. Hot showers, real restrooms, laundry, store. About a mile or 2 west of Leadville. Sugarloafin.com

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I found Turquoise Lake. There is a campground there called Sugarloafin' Campground. On the website it looks pretty good. Hot showers, real restrooms, laundry, store. About a mile or 2 west of Leadville. Sugarloafin.com
There are also Forest Service campgrounds on the lake itself, but I saw where one was closing on September 2nd, so that might be the case for all of them. In June, they were not that crowded though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We did a week long trip 3 years ago and camped south of Leadville north of Buena Vista at Arrowhead Point Camping Resort‎ 33975 U.S. 24 Buena Vista, CO 81211 and were very happy with the place. Motorcycle friendly. Many years ago we stayed at Sugarloafing Camp ground and were very happy with the place but that was too long ago to count for now. When we stayed at Arrowhead Point we did a trip over Mosquito Pass in Leadville and other passes. Had a great time and put over 500 miles on the bikes in the area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts