StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I offered a free campsite to Strommers or anyone who is camping on a motorcycle--its my 1/2-acre backyard--quite secluded and convenient, and free to responsible campers. I also have tire tools, a compressor, and a couple of welders should that be necessary. This is Walla Walla, WA, in the middle of some tremendous riding, I can refer you to some excellent rides/routes in this region.
To use my 'campsite' just email me in advance so I can accommodate you. I'm a security freak so don't just appear on the property--wouldn't want to make a scene. But my place is available to 2-wheeled campers passing through at the best price--FREE. I'll PM you a ph.# if necessary.

Last year I had a couple of inquiries, but no campers. I can offer it again easily at this rate!

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
I've been thru Walla Walla on the bike probably 6 times..........looks to be a great little town. I believe there is a college there?? We happened upon a "Rod-in" there back in 2002 or 2003......it was great!!....about a hundred customs lining the downtown streets.....music, food, etc. Lots of WIDE-OPEN grassland ridin in the area......and a Windmill Farm. Fond memeories of the area...........:thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm in the Hood River, OR area but have a trip planned to ID later this summer with my riding buddy. We may take you up on the offer. Thanks for putting it out there! Will be in touch mid-July if it works out.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..looks to be a great little town. I believe there is a college there?? ......:thumbup:
Two universities and a community college--it gets tedious, but could be worse. A large prison, and wheatland--that was wheat not grass. We are on the edge of the Blue Mountains, and when you get to the nearby Oregon and Idaho border you are in some of the best riding in North America. We are on the dry side of the state--we have only 'normal' amounts of rain unlike the wet side which is famous for having plenty of rain. We are a bit desertous in places.
I was treated to a free campsite a couple of years ago and I was so pleased I resolved to pass it on, and if anyone else has the facility I would encourage them to do the same. It is kinda fun to be a host and meet some new riders and provide a service--it effectively costs me nothing to make this offer and we'll both remember the experience for years. If you can camp free it is the ONLY way to go!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very nice offer. My buddy and I may take you up on it mid-June. We are heading to Conner MT and want to ride over Nes Peirce Hwy (never taken this route). I will get in touch with you if everything works out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I too will offer up my place for those traveling on two wheels. We have just shy of 13 acres to the west of Spokane, WA. So you can pitch a tent and enjoy a quiet nights sleep. Please contact me via PM if the need arises. If you look up Fairchild AFB we are just 4 miles north of there off of Hwy 2. I am sure you will find the price to your liking. A thanks will be more then enough.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's pretty cool of you CBRexcess--it is nice to offer something that benefits some fellow riders and yet costs so little.
Anyone else feel like doing something similar? Feel free to add your name here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts