StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on one at the Vancouver MC Show on Friday. The camo colour is really surprising - not grungy, a light brown and very conspicuous. To my eyes it also seems to work better than all other colours (I have a red one on order).

I have a 32" inseam and my shoes (runners) are flat on the ground with the standard seat.

The front cylinder exhaust header has an oxygen sensor that is very noticeable. Not as bad as the installation on the Royal Enfield single but definitely a runner up!!

The fuel tank is wider at the rear than I expected. I might not install the accessory tank pads.

I was a guest of Suzuki Canada so there is some good info - very high demand with many deals being signed at the show. Vancouver was the 3rd show venue.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
It seems from the few comments here on Stromtrooper that the khaki color is love it or hate it. I know I'd have to see it in person myself to make a judgement on it.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I thought the beige was kind-of, well, beige. And that one had a scratch on the parcel rack which was distracting.

The red one won hands down, especially since its handlebar had a gold sheen to it, while the others are metallic silver.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
When the new V was first introduced I kind of thought the camo color was pretty cool, I even voted for it on the color poll which is floating around here. Now after seeing all the pics and reviews, which all seem to have red bikes, the red has become my favorite.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
I like the Tan color. THe new F800GS comes in a Tan also. Doesn't show the dirt when riding the desert...no?
I painted my CJ6 Jeep that color. I've been considering doing my Wee Strom in that livery.
Rattle cans to the ready!

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I just wish they would show more of the white colour :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Love my tan. Only wish it was matte not glossy to hide the inevitable scratches to come.:yesnod:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looking at the shade in various lights, isn't it more a diaper brown or potty beige rather than a khaki? :biggrinjester:
I don't know as I have never seen a diaper other than from the outside ?
Also never seen Potty beige ?
All kidding aside, I'm tired of red and I've had enough black bikes for a lifetime so I like the my "tan" bike. Gonna put some digital desert camo accents on it at some point to see how it looks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've seen the red and tan. The red is quite pretty. The tan is... I'm not sure. I don't hate it. I'm not sure yet if I like it. It's interesting.

Frankly as easy as it is to do vinyl wraps on stuff these days, I'd be inclined to buy whatever color I can get the best price on, and then make it the color I want. I'd love to see it in that "khaki green" that the Tiger 800XC comes in.

Rob

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've seen the red and tan. The red is quite pretty. The tan is... I'm not sure. I don't hate it. I'm not sure yet if I like it. It's interesting.

Frankly as easy as it is to do vinyl wraps on stuff these days, I'd be inclined to buy whatever color I can get the best price on, and then make it the color I want. I'd love to see it in that "khaki green" that the Tiger 800XC comes in.

Rob
+1 on all that

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think the tan looks good although it is the color matched seat that makes the difference, not the color itself. It wouldn't look as good with a plain seat. You could make quite a fashion statement with the tan Vee2 and beige/desert adventure riding gear. However I would buy on best price to maximise funds for farkles. The color becomes unimportant once your new bike fever goes away.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Khaki all the way

In my opinion the Khaki is the only way to go (and I should know since I bought one :thumb up:) and the seat definitely makes it. Too many red bikes out there anyway. I too would like to have seen it in a matte finish even though I had a matte paint job in the past and it is a headache to maintain, you have to be careful of using any cleaners and can never buff out any scuffs or scratches. When I sold that bike I swore I would never get another matte finish - but it does look good when it is all new.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When yer out on the desert highway, Khaki makes the bike so fast it's invisible!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The khaki looks awesome! But the red looks a bit faster... hmmm...

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
Any one can have the Khaki color. Downs and I painted our Wee Stroms that kinda color.
Mine is kinda matte. Not much time trying to make it loverly. Gotta nice Horned Toad decal on it too.
Barstow Beige! Jeep calls it Mojave tan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone painted the silver plastic bits to match the base colour eg red on a red bike. If so, was it easy to get a decent colour match?
Vinyl wrap it. $10 for 1' x 5' piece on Amazon. A you need is a heat gun and you've got plenty of extra to rip it off and start over. Was my first time wrapping. Had Only 1 redo. I'm sure you can get what ever color you want.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts