StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the machining done on my camera mount and got it all mounted on my Wee:cool: Went for a little ride up hwy 18 and back down Waterman Canyon and other than needing a little higher shutter speed and a better mount for the remote button everything worked slick. No noticeable problem with aerodynamics up to 75 mph, only problem is if the camera is rotated for vertical shots it will hit the windshield, might use a longer mounting rod but I don't want to get the camera any higher into the airflow.
This is what happens when you have a mill and lathe in the garage, not that I didn't do a little machining on the CNC at work:twisted:
Oh yea, the bracket is a mirror extender also and while I was at it I made an extender for the right side:mrgreen:

Jerry:-D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

Some shots from my little ride:-D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks MS:D
Night_Wolf- I might if the price was right. To give you an idea of the time involved, the camera bracket (the one with the rubber pad and turned end on it), took an hour on my manual machines, probably could trim a little time if done on CNC but not much:D But if your interested PM me and I'll try and figure out what to charge:D

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Forget the PM :mrgreen: I have a feeling others would be interested in something like that if the price is right :cool:

Thanks MS:D
Night_Wolf- I might if the price was right. To give you an idea of the time involved, the camera bracket (the one with the rubber pad and turned end on it), took an hour on my manual machines, probably could trim a little time if done on CNC but not much:D But if your interested PM me and I'll try and figure out what to charge:D

Jerry

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the photo's from the Wee a Minolta 5D w/kit zoom, no longer available but the Sony Alpha is very similar and uses the same lens mount. For the photo's of the mount a Nikon D70 w/60mm macro lens.
I used the Minolta because it has a corded remote and the Nikon has a cordless remote and I couldn't figure a way to trip the shutter without causing some big problems:mrgreen:

Jerry

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Vibration Isolation

Did a little more testing and found out that I needed a little vibration isolation. So I added this:

I came up with this because the video camera was bouncing the tape off the recording head:mrgreen:

Jerry

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just looked at the video I shot yesterday and it's not bad but still has some pronounced bouncing. I know I could use a bullet cam or helmet cam, but I'm bound and determined to make the mount usable with a vidcam. Going to figure out some sort of dampening like a shock absorber, stay tuned:D

Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts