StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading home today from work on a 4 lane city street, light traffic in the right lane. I see an F150 waiting to pull out and head in the same direction as I am headed. She is waiting so I think she sees me:headbang: I managed to scrub enough speed to allow the traffic on my left to get by and open an escape to that lane. As I go past her, she still isn't parallel to the traffic yet and I swear my riding pants brushed her fender as I slid the back end around to clear her. **** that was close. A mile later she is still behind me, the light goes red so I dropped the sidestand and went back and asked her if she was blind or just stupid. She starts yelling at me not giving her space! I was wearing my gloves with the nice carbon fibre knuckle protectors so I left a sample of my knuckles on her window. Bitch! I feel much better now, thanks for listening!

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Good job; keep up the good work. You're doing wonders for the average motorcyclist's image;)

So she was merging and felt it was your responsibility to slow down for her?
I tend not to argue with stupid drivers and I'd much rather have someone like that in front of me where they can't rear-end me, but to each their own...
I know how you feel though; I'm just pointing out that it's never a good idea to confront a motorist. She could have easily escalated it by driving into your bike while you were standing there.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
I see an F150 ...
Damn ford drivers.
She is waiting ...
Damn women drivers.

...I left a sample of my knuckles on her window.
She could have easily escalated it by driving into your bike while you were standing there.
... and probably be justified in running over him, back and forth - in the eyes of a select Jury - which wouldn't be hard to come by.

With that said, good job. I do approve of personal justice at times when the public type is non existant.

G

·
I guess you are now ready to take on a long weekend in the Lower Mainland.
Remember; "an inch is as good as a mile".

·
Registered
629 Posts
I feel your pain, but in several of the southern United States the nice lady would most likely as not shot you for walking back, calling her names, and pounding on her truck . . . whether it was her fault or not.

Now, had she not shot you on the spot, she would have at least noted your license plate and tell her boyfriend/husband that some crazy dude on a motorcycle had pounded on his beloved truck for no reason. HE would then track you down for an additional conversation.

Just saying, be careful out there.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you're ever in Arizona and get cut off by a cute brunette in monstrous white Chevy crewcab,
you'd best just stay on your bike and grumble.

When she shoots outside of center-mass, it's cuz she was aimin' to teach you a learnin' on the way out. :yesnod:

·
Registered
588 Posts
several of the southern United States the nice lady would most likely as not shot you for walking back, calling her names, and pounding on her truck
C A N A D A ...

No rights to bear arms and most of us are good with that. But that's another thread...

She was probably most cranky for spilling her Timmies double-double onto her beaver. ;)

·
Registered
22,424 Posts
so I dropped the sidestand and went back and asked her if she was blind or just stupid.
kinda stupid for a motorcyclist to insite road rage on someone that may have just misjudged your speed

If I'd been drivin that truck, I mighta ran over your bike and claimed self defense from attack by a carbon fibre knuckled lunatic

You have an anger management problem, we don't need people like you on the road

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Around DC road rage often ends bad for everyone...and that's when cars and SUV are involved. Pickup vs bike? Who do you think has a bad ending in that competition? Hot heads usually make a bad situation worse.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
many years ago, i was literally run off the NJ turnpike and int the ditch. me and the bike survived. several hours later, i actually caught up to the guy. happened to have a glass bottle of Dr. Pepper in the tank bag, so after draining a bit form the bottle and giving it a good shaking, i pulled up on his left side and slammed the bottle on his hood. he winds up with a good thick coating of sugary shit on his paint. hope it peeled the whole friggin hood.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
If you don't take an action they will think they are all right. If you do, maybe thay're going to think about it. Couple of days ago I'm pulling out of my drivway. Few yards later there is 90 degree right. I'm going as close to the right as possible. In split of the second I see a hood of the car in front of me (cutting corner - being on my half of the road) and a lady yelling at me. Thanks God nothing happened. I made another 2 90 degree and I see her again, parking her car. I did approch her and asked: and what do you think you're doing? Shouldn't you ride on the right side of the road? And you're yelling at me?! She didn't say a word this time...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Probably everyone has had a close call or worse. Getting off and saying something is ok, but hitting the car/pick up, is going a bit far. What if you broke the carbon knuckles on those fancy gloves and found out they are only plastic with one very tiny layer of carbon weave glued to them. Imagine how angry you would have been then! I was nearly hit twice yesterday wearing a high vis vest and all. When it comes down to it, its up to the rider to try and take in the surrounds and adjust riding to them and hope you have done enough. I didn't get angry for too long, just worked on my road craft and staying out of blindspots.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I would have weaved as soon as I saw the front of the truck.

This does several things. It would have communicated unpredictability on your part and would have given the driver more information on your speed.

This is a very common situation, it's often very difficult for a cager to judge the distance and speed of an approaching motorcycle.

It's possible that the driver was going to go, even if she fully comprehended the situation, but chances are her brain did not process what her retinas perceived. Weaving helps the brain process the idea of your approaching movement.

Google "motion camouflage".

Congratulations on being an asshole ambassador of the motorcycling community.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts