StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone like to get together for a ride this summer? head up and around calabogie area, some back roads and lots of country roads.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm coming up on the weekend of the 9th to spend a couple weeks in the Orleans area. I'm trailering my bike up to do some riding with a good buddy of mine from Stittsville who runs a Veradero. I was going to post up and see if there was anything going on while I was there so this is perfect timing.

Keep me in the loop!!:hurray:
Jeff

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Calabogie Area Back Roads Ride

I have posted in the past for Stromtroopers to do some back roads rides but did not get any takers. I have many routes with excellent options. I live in Pakenham and ride to the west all the time. I have put a fair number of Km's of gravel / dirt road riding on my Strom and would be happy to run a little workshop for people wanting more experience. Lean angles / tire pressures / braking etc.. Not that I am an expert but part of my 35 years in the saddle has included a circumnavigation of Australia when the top 1/2 was not paved and just recently a Trans Lab trip.

Let me know if people are interested and we can set a date for the weekend of July 9th. That or I can tag along on someone else's route. It will be stock tire friendly and ridden at speeds that are safe and comfortable for all. Paul

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in

Count me in. I hope we get can get a few more riders.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I will work on a route and then start a separate post with the date.
Do you prefer the Sat or Sun. My pref is Sat

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sat or sun is fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd love to tag along if you've got room for another. I've done the Calabogie loop a few times on my new wee (love the 511 route). Some new roads would be a nice change.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sunday now works only for me that weekend. I hope people still want a sunday morning cruise thru the country side

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Sunday July 10th Ride

OK Sunday it is. I have a route in mind that I will scout out tomorrow for distance, conditions, rest stops, food etc. I have ridden almost all the roads before. I will track it and see if I can send it via e-mail to folks who have GPS.

I will start a separate post on the ride. Meet in Almonte at the Tim Hortons.
Say a 10am departure. Gather at 9:30 or at 9:00 am for a breakfast chat.

Right now I have us heading up back concessions to Pakenham, Cedar Hill Rd / Bellamy / California Rd / New Rd / Little Green / Campbells / winding south to Dalhousie / back to Poland / Hopetown / Clayton / Bennies Corners / Blakeney / Almonte. Lots of Options to extend or shorten.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I just posted and have changed the meeting times ahead by 1/2 hr.

9:30 depart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts