StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Troopers! I'm interested in putting a local ride together -any takers?
Please shoot me an email if interested. email: [email protected]
thinking early -mid July for now but we can adjust for the group-lemme know!

Maddog81

·
Registered
265 Posts
What location do you have in mind for the ride? I am always interested in any excuse for a ride, just have to squeeze it into my schedule! Any info yet?

Regards, Tim

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm game depending on the date. The wife is pregnant and I'm doing a lot around the house.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
out west to Galena

Heading west is always nice- figure we'd head out to Galena- then maybe a little north-work our way back east then back to the starting point- a great round robin route-= take as many scenic backroads as possible- with awesome stops in between. Any takers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell your friends!

Would love to go on a ride with nothin but Vee riders but any and all bikers are welcome! Help me generate some interest in this. I'd like to get at least 2 dozen riders together! The more we are in force- the better chances we have against the cages out there!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I should be able to make almost any day. I've also got a buddy on a ninja 500 that would probably love to head out to galena. The riding is excellent out their.
Eric

·
Registered
186 Posts
Heading west is always nice- figure we'd head out to Galena- then maybe a little north-work our way back east then back to the starting point- a great round robin route-= take as many scenic backroads as possible- with awesome stops in between. Any takers?
I live out that way. Lemme know what you have planned...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
August 4th it is!

Dear Strommers and Strommettes,

The date for the Northern Illinois ride is August 4th. I confirmed it with my wife
so I'm cool with this! We will be meeting in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs-
Schaumburg area- Heading out to Galena.

Now- we can make this just a day trip- or- we could camp/hotel somwhere
and then return the next day to starting point- looking for input and suggestions. Basically, I need to gauge what everyones' trip duration max is- we want to make this an enjoyable, safe ride- not a marathon ass killer-
and we want to have some good off bike time as well- so it's a balance.
Let me know what all of you interested parties think and I'll try to come up with a plan. Mark the 4th of August in your calendars- the ride date is set!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Daily marketing for the Northern Illinois Ride Aug 4

Strommers- after doing an extensive map recon- I've determined that a ride to Galena, south to Savanna along the river then back to start- we can still make it an overnight event if there are any interested. Let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, The Aug 4 event looks like about 4 bikes!

4 is better than 1!

Anybody have any ideas on how to get this shindig rippin?

As Ross Perot would say, "I'm all ears"!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Cross post on the other forum (vstrom.info) and maybe advrider? I would also let those in the "great plains" forum know.

Eric

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

Zed, Will do! Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I gotta talk to the wife on this one... She'll be due almost any day at that point and I don't want to be too far from home. Will there be a meeting point for the start?

·
Registered
66 Posts
A gang riding "Freaks" ... I LOVE IT! I think i can make this! ...Squeegee

·
Registered
22 Posts
aug 4th ride

hows the plans going for the ride? is it still on? if so, send me the details... interested in riding. not sure i could do a 2 day thing. but wanna ride no matter what. i've only seen 2 other V-Stroms in my area. both in Naperville. and both in passing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you guys are looking for a place to cool down during the ride - come see us at Wilwert's Suzuki in Dubuque. (7 miles west of the river off U.S. 20)

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Lets get a headcount!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts