StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just posted about buying a new 11 model. Anyway the dealer called me and asked if I was buying a 12 or 11 model. Said he just received a letter from Suzuki to stop sells on all the 12 models. It might be the brake switch I don't know or could be a bigger issue. Wished I had more details. Will talk with them later today when I go sign the paper work on my new one:thumbup:
David

·
Registered
176 Posts
brake light

I believe I read in another post that a member bought a 12 model and the dealer sent a notice about the brake light doesn't activate when the front brake is applied. He said Suzuki is going to fix the 12 models on the floor first and then get to those sold. Guess you just got a give some rear brake to get the brake light lit.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Will talk with them later today when I go sign the paper work on my new one
Confirm that the warranty and financing does not start until they can let you have the bike. Let's hope it only takes a few days to get you your new bike, but if it takes longer, you don't want the warranty running.

R

·
0 Posts
Confirm that the warranty and financing does not start until they can let you have the bike. Let's hope it only takes a few days to get you your new bike, but if it takes longer, you don't want the warranty running.
Yes, this could be an issue. I had this happen to me when I bought my previous unit. I lost a whole month of warranty coverage. (When they only give a single year, then a month is an issue)
I put in the order and a down payment in mid December but didn't actually take delivery until a month later.
Honda had the delivery date as mid December. Fortunately for me I had no warranty issues and the dealer (as well as Honda Canada) flatly refused any subsequent requests of goodwill consideration on repairs.
I suppose they were confident that I would be returning to buy another bike and that's why they refused goodwill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts