StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I e-mailed Intuitive Race Products who make top-notch frame sliders to see if they had anything for the V-Strom. Unfortunately, they do not. However, if a Socal V-Strom owner would be willing to take the bike to their office, they would be able to see what mounting points they could use.

e-mail [email protected] to schedule a meeting. Please reply to this message letting us know if you were able to do this.

Thanks!

C

·
0 Posts
Yep, that would be helpful because they make great sliders. I have a set (in black) on my SV650 and they blend in so nicely I have to point them out to people who didn't even notice them or thought it was stock.

-cos

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops

Oops, sorry. They're in Orange County, CA.

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?

J

·
0 Posts
Kidder, did you post this on the Yahoo board? There have to be some SoCal riders around. If you don't get any response in a couple of days I am willing to ride over from Phoenix if they only need it for a couple of hours. My guess is the only good location is going to be a shin banger and blocked by the Givi bars.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sliders

I'm talking about using these INSTEAD of the bars. They could stick out alot longer than those bars. They could/should mount on the the long engine-thru mounting bolt (like on the SV). There's plenty of room and your legs won't hit them.

I will post this on the yahoo site if noone over here is able to help out.

J

·
0 Posts
Kidder, that is the bolt I was thinking of. My concern is for when you put you feet down at a stop, looks like a slider that will stick out far enough to protect might get banged with a shin. MOKO would know though, they are a top notch company.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good points

Jetboy,

Now I realize what you're saying as far as shins hitting the sliders. Hopefully someone will take it over to Intuitive and see what they come up with.

When I take my feet off the pegs, I put my feet straight down. However, if I put them forward, I would perhaps hit the sliders if they were sticking out.

We'll see...

J

·
0 Posts
I think one could adjust to them being there pretty fast. If you don't have any takers from one of the boards by Thrusday let me know. Running over to LA is just a day ride for me.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Socal Strom

Someone from the yahoo board is going to contact them. He lives in Irvine. So, looks like we'll have a Strom for them to look at.

Thanks, jetboy, for your offer.

I'll keep everyone posted.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Motovation

Yeah, I saw that. I'm just not sure that the actual sliders are long enough. I wish they had a pic ON the bike.

C

·
0 Posts
RE

Well those certainly look as good/protective as the Intuitive sliders on my SV650. They are also less $ than crash bars. Like Kidder said, hopefully they extend past the fairing.

-cos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts