StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been searching and Googling for all morning but in the mean time, Does anybody know if the front brake calipers from a gen1 SV650 are a straight bolt on swap for a K6 1000 Vee?? :confused:

The CMSNL.com part numbers are the same but I'd just prefer if someone can confirm before I buy them. I'd end up with an expensive pair of paperweights if they don't fit :frown:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Get some critical measurements like mounting bolt hole center to center and go over to the SV site and ask for someone to go measure theirs to compare. They certainly look exactly the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers RTL

I bought a mint set of 2010 sv650 calipers and they bolted straight on. The cmsnl part numbers are the same so they are the exact same caliper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know ? Unfortunately, as its my daily driver and I'd have been snookered waiting in the brackets. I was only 1 day off the road and I only paid ?80 for the refurbished calipers with new pads posted to my door so they'll do perfectly for now.

The brake upgrade mod is on my to do list though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too opted to keep the stock calipers on my K6, but a set of stainless lines helped and were fairly easy. The rear stainless line was a necessity, the stock line was not allowing the caliper to release fully, seems the "inner lining" of the stock rubber line was separated or kinked, causing a resistance to the caliper releasing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts