StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any owners of California models bothered to remove the extra crap Kalifornia makes Suzuki install? Does it make any performance difference other than about 5 lbs of weight loss?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I removed the charcoal canister and routed the tank vent to the ground. Thought not related, I have also removed the secondary throttle plates which improved the throttle response unbelieveably. You should do this mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Mods

soundhound said:
I removed the charcoal canister and routed the tank vent to the ground. Thought not related, I have also removed the secondary throttle plates which improved the throttle response unbelieveably. You should do this mod.
I'm interested in doing the mod but chicken :oops: that Kalifornia isn't moving towards smog testing on motorcycles. Anyone hear of such a stupid idea? (Smog testing m/c that is)...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Re: Mods

p7m8jg said:
I'm interested in doing the mod but chicken :oops: that Kalifornia isn't moving towards smog testing on motorcycles. Anyone hear of such a stupid idea? (Smog testing m/c that is)...
Why do you think it's stupid? You've got uncontrollable amounts of sunlight in the state, all that is needed for smog is NOx and HC and voila!

I wish my bike had a vent that went to the intake or something. I'm sick of smelling evaporative emissions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
555 Posts
Re: Mods

Corpsie said:
p7m8jg said:
I'm interested in doing the mod but chicken :oops: that Kalifornia isn't moving towards smog testing on motorcycles. Anyone hear of such a stupid idea? (Smog testing m/c that is)...
Why do you think it's stupid? You've got uncontrollable amounts of sunlight in the state, all that is needed for smog is NOx and HC and voila!

I wish my bike had a vent that went to the intake or something. I'm sick of smelling evaporative emissions.
No flame intended, but if you've ever lived under the communist-like control of the CARB (California Air Resources Board), then you'd know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
555 Posts
Re: Mods

p7m8jg said:
soundhound said:
I removed the charcoal canister and routed the tank vent to the ground. Thought not related, I have also removed the secondary throttle plates which improved the throttle response unbelieveably. You should do this mod.
I'm interested in doing the mod but chicken :oops: that Kalifornia isn't moving towards smog testing on motorcycles. Anyone hear of such a stupid idea? (Smog testing m/c that is)...
Yes, that idea has been kicked around for years, but so far no actions have been taken to follow through on it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
555 Posts
Corpsie said:
I'd know what?
To properly answer this question would take tons of space and time. Not to mention it might offend some people's sensibilities.

The real quick and not near comprehensive answer is: The CARB is an unelected board that makes up regulations that have little to no basis in science or fact, author and impose laws without oversight from the legislature or governor's office. They've been caught a number of times fabricating "evidence" to further their political agenda. They are arbitary and capricious, and since it's "for the environment" they think they can get away with anything and everything they want. And, sadly, they're usually right in this regard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
PRC

That must be why I've often heard Cali refeered to as the People's Republic of California. Sadly, in New England, the Commonwealth (another name for People's Republic)of Massachusetts requires the same emissions controls. I too would be interested in these mods. I found the mod for Charc. Filter removal, and I'm going to look in to the Sec. Throttle Plate removal.
Corpsie, in what state can you control the amount of sunlight? J.K.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top