StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody up for a ride on Sunday.Sept.24 :?:
The forecast for Sunday is a high of 19 and maybe one of the last nice days to ride. I have not thought of a route yet but it will not be 700Km like last time, I would prefer a 2-4 Hour round trip.

Let me know if anybody is in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ride/Coffee

Hey Yogi,

Same time and place? I don't know if I'm in for Sunday....I'm having a little procedure done on Thursday... :oops: I might join you guys for coffee though. My buddy is involved with Alberta Dualsport and they are doing the Spray lakes loop on Sunday if you are interested. Very nice ride all gravel and tarmac. There is a couple of Beemers and some DR's going for sure, I think even some DL's. It will be starting in Canmore then over the Spray lakes which will come out at highway 40. Probably 3-4 hrs.

:wink: T.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Unfortunately I have to hang around and wait for the internet guys to get here and hook up my connection :shock: Yes I have some connectivity here, but snagging someone else's wireless connection can be wonky at best. I might be available on Saturday for a cpl hours if either of you want to get together for a short ride

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Im hoping to whip out to Calgary, leaving here on 4 Oct (if the weather stays semi-cooperative).

Will ride straight thru from Southern MB, then ride on home on the 7th.

Planning on a day ride on that Hwy 22 south of calgary and back up the Lougheed hwy.

Any other Wee's out there?

Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why wee's only?

The 22 isn't half bad but this time of year you should ride the 40 through Kananaskis. Night_wolf can vouch for that. :shock: Check out highway 40 on an alberta map. It does close for the winter though. I cannot remember the date. There is a bunch of us that ride almost every weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Tarmac speaks the truth. I have ridden both 22 and Kanaskis. Chasing him on Kanaskis was a blast and it's a road you should do IMO. Maybe we can have a get together in the city when you get here. 8) I like meeting folks from the forums as you know they are the ones who actually get out and ride. :shock: Last year you and I were neck and neck in mileage but you have taken off this year while I stagnated getting ready to move :?

rcacs said:
Im hoping to whip out to Calgary, leaving here on 4 Oct (if the weather stays semi-cooperative).

Will ride straight thru from Southern MB, then ride on home on the 7th.

Planning on a day ride on that Hwy 22 south of calgary and back up the Lougheed hwy.

Any other Wee's out there?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Used to off-road Kananaskis Country years ago. Great place to be with a dirt bike.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should I be able to ride around the calgary area when you are in town if you want a guided tour for a couple of days.

I too would recommend that you ride HWY40 when you are here. Sinjin and I should be riding it tomorrow, so I will take some pics to show you what to expect, I will also check when it closes.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
thanks for the info, yes will do the 22, then come back up the 40

cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
actually, i did live in cowtown for 7 years, and have done both of the hwys

cheers again

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rcacs,
this is what K-Country looks like 6 hours ago

Hopefully we can hook up for a ride next week.

FYI- the HWY closes on Dec.01, so you are in good shape to ride it while you are here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts