StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CALLING ALL V-STROM OWNERS!!!!...WE MAY ACCEPT OTHERS TOO...HEE HEE....OUR FIRST RIDE WILL BE LEAVING THE TUSCANY SOBEY'S AUG 27th @ 9:30AM. RIDE TBD....MAYBE HEADED OUT THE 1A TO BANFF FOR LUNCH? DEPENDING ON TIME, MAYBE CONTINUE ON TO LAKE LOUISE FOR COFFEE AND HEAD HOME. ANY IDEAS? :D THOUGHT I'D PUT IT OUT THERE TO GET THIS THING STARTED...IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR US TO ALL MEET AND SHARE STROM STORIES :eek:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
I'll need more info than Tuscany Sobey's if I'm going to make it. All pavement??? I have a friend who has a 500gs, will she be welcome if I make the trip down??? We are in Canmore & will either ride down to meet you or meet you in the area of Canmore. Let me know

tyblaney said:
CALLING ALL V-STROM OWNERS!!!!...WE MAY ACCEPT OTHERS TOO...HEE HEE....OUR FIRST RIDE WILL BE LEAVING THE TUSCANY SOBEY'S AUG 27th @ 9:30AM. RIDE TBD....MAYBE HEADED OUT THE 1A TO BANFF FOR LUNCH? DEPENDING ON TIME, MAYBE CONTINUE ON TO LAKE LOUISE FOR COFFEE AND HEAD HOME. ANY IDEAS? :D THOUGHT I'D PUT IT OUT THERE TO GET THIS THING STARTED...IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR US TO ALL MEET AND SHARE STROM STORIES :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Night_Wolf said:
I'll need more info than Tuscany Sobey's if I'm going to make it. All pavement??? I have a friend who has a 500gs, will she be welcome if I make the trip down??? We are in Canmore & will either ride down to meet you or meet you in the area of Canmore. Let me know

tyblaney said:
CALLING ALL V-STROM OWNERS!!!!...WE MAY ACCEPT OTHERS TOO...HEE HEE....OUR FIRST RIDE WILL BE LEAVING THE TUSCANY SOBEY'S AUG 27th @ 9:30AM. RIDE TBD....MAYBE HEADED OUT THE 1A TO BANFF FOR LUNCH? DEPENDING ON TIME, MAYBE CONTINUE ON TO LAKE LOUISE FOR COFFEE AND HEAD HOME. ANY IDEAS? :D THOUGHT I'D PUT IT OUT THERE TO GET THIS THING STARTED...IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR US TO ALL MEET AND SHARE STROM STORIES :eek:
Everyone's welcome!!!!! This ride will be all pavement. This will be a social ride....aren't they all.... Collectively we will decide the route when we meet. I'd like to be back before or around 4pm. At the first light entering Calgary from the Trans Canada turn left on Stoney trail heading North. At the second light which I believe to be Tuscany BLVD turn left. Go straight heading West. At the third light you are at the Tuscany Sobeys. There is a Starbucks there I'll be the one on the charcoal K6-1000, with the Givi top case. I thought we'd ride out West maybe the 1A. either to Banff or Lake Lousy. Have lunch and ride back. Again I'm totally up for options. "This ride is intended to be a meet and greet"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
As it happens my friend can't attend as she is attending the Mozart In The Mountains concert with her Mom. I will be there. If you are taking 1A how about I meet you in Cochrane at the Tim Hortons for 10:00am. Since I'm already in Canmore, I'm hoping we end up eventually in Lake Louise and then I'll depart at Canmore on the way back. Will be great to meet some local folks. I'm planning on moving to Cochrane, Calgary, High River or Oktookes, once I get my feet under me

tyblaney said:
Night_Wolf said:
tyblaney said:
CALLING ALL V-STROM OWNERS!!!!...WE MAY ACCEPT OTHERS TOO...HEE HEE....OUR FIRST RIDE WILL BE LEAVING THE TUSCANY SOBEY'S AUG 27th @ 9:30AM. RIDE TBD....MAYBE HEADED OUT THE 1A TO BANFF FOR LUNCH? DEPENDING ON TIME, MAYBE CONTINUE ON TO LAKE LOUISE FOR COFFEE AND HEAD HOME. ANY IDEAS? :D THOUGHT I'D PUT IT OUT THERE TO GET THIS THING STARTED...IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR US TO ALL MEET AND SHARE STROM STORIES :eek:
Everyone's welcome!!!!! This ride will be all pavement. This will be a social ride....aren't they all.... Collectively we will decide the route when we meet. I'd like to be back before or around 4pm. At the first light entering Calgary from the Trans Canada turn left on Stoney trail heading North. At the second light which I believe to be Tuscany BLVD turn left. Go straight heading West. At the third light you are at the Tuscany Sobeys. There is a Starbucks there I'll be the one on the charcoal K6-1000, with the Givi top case. I thought we'd ride out West maybe the 1A. either to Banff or Lake Lousy. Have lunch and ride back. Again I'm totally up for options. "This ride is intended to be a meet and greet"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Night_Wolf said:
As it happens my friend can't attend as she is attending the Mozart In The Mountains concert with her Mom. I will be there. If you are taking 1A how about I meet you in Cochrane at the Tim Hortons for 10:00am. Since I'm already in Canmore, I'm hoping we end up eventually in Lake Louise and then I'll depart at Canmore on the way back. Will be great to meet some local folks. I'm planning on moving to Cochrane, Calgary, High River or Oktookes, once I get my feet under me

tyblaney said:
Night_Wolf said:
tyblaney said:
CALLING ALL V-STROM OWNERS!!!!...WE MAY ACCEPT OTHERS TOO...HEE HEE....OUR FIRST RIDE WILL BE LEAVING THE TUSCANY SOBEY'S AUG 27th @ 9:30AM. RIDE TBD....MAYBE HEADED OUT THE 1A TO BANFF FOR LUNCH? DEPENDING ON TIME, MAYBE CONTINUE ON TO LAKE LOUISE FOR COFFEE AND HEAD HOME. ANY IDEAS? :D THOUGHT I'D PUT IT OUT THERE TO GET THIS THING STARTED...IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR US TO ALL MEET AND SHARE STROM STORIES :eek:
Everyone's welcome!!!!! This ride will be all pavement. This will be a social ride....aren't they all.... Collectively we will decide the route when we meet. I'd like to be back before or around 4pm. At the first light entering Calgary from the Trans Canada turn left on Stoney trail heading North. At the second light which I believe to be Tuscany BLVD turn left. Go straight heading West. At the third light you are at the Tuscany Sobeys. There is a Starbucks there I'll be the one on the charcoal K6-1000, with the Givi top case. I thought we'd ride out West maybe the 1A. either to Banff or Lake Lousy. Have lunch and ride back. Again I'm totally up for options. "This ride is intended to be a meet and greet"

Wolf,
I think that by the sounds of it we'll end up doing the Highwood pass ride. If we start in Longview-Kananaskis then you would only have a 15minute ride home. Would that be cool?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Great then I'll be at the Tim's in Cochrane for 10:00 8) Lqqking forward to meeting everyone

tyblaney said:
Night_Wolf said:
As it happens my friend can't attend as she is attending the Mozart In The Mountains concert with her Mom. I will be there. If you are taking 1A how about I meet you in Cochrane at the Tim Hortons for 10:00am. Since I'm already in Canmore, I'm hoping we end up eventually in Lake Louise and then I'll depart at Canmore on the way back. Will be great to meet some local folks. I'm planning on moving to Cochrane, Calgary, High River or Oktookes, once I get my feet under me

tyblaney said:
Night_Wolf said:
tyblaney said:
CALLING ALL V-STROM OWNERS!!!!...WE MAY ACCEPT OTHERS TOO...HEE HEE....OUR FIRST RIDE WILL BE LEAVING THE TUSCANY SOBEY'S AUG 27th @ 9:30AM. RIDE TBD....MAYBE HEADED OUT THE 1A TO BANFF FOR LUNCH? DEPENDING ON TIME, MAYBE CONTINUE ON TO LAKE LOUISE FOR COFFEE AND HEAD HOME. ANY IDEAS? :D THOUGHT I'D PUT IT OUT THERE TO GET THIS THING STARTED...IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR US TO ALL MEET AND SHARE STROM STORIES :eek:
Everyone's welcome!!!!! This ride will be all pavement. This will be a social ride....aren't they all.... Collectively we will decide the route when we meet. I'd like to be back before or around 4pm. At the first light entering Calgary from the Trans Canada turn left on Stoney trail heading North. At the second light which I believe to be Tuscany BLVD turn left. Go straight heading West. At the third light you are at the Tuscany Sobeys. There is a Starbucks there I'll be the one on the charcoal K6-1000, with the Givi top case. I thought we'd ride out West maybe the 1A. either to Banff or Lake Lousy. Have lunch and ride back. Again I'm totally up for options. "This ride is intended to be a meet and greet"

Wolf,
I think that by the sounds of it we'll end up doing the Highwood pass ride. If we start in Longview-Kananaskis then you would only have a 15minute ride home. Would that be cool?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Gents,

It was great to finally meet all of you today and what a fabulous day to go riding. :lol: Can not wait to see the pictures that Night-Wolf took.

I can honestly say that I have never ridden the Wee that hard before and now know there is a whole bunch I have been missing. :twisted:

Hopefully we can get together again in a couple of weeks for another ride. I threw out the idea of doing a Calgary, Radium Hot Springs, Golden ride. The GPS says it is a 620KM trip from Calgary, might be a bit longer that we want to do ?

Later
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was awesome for all of us to get together today!!!!! We couldn't ask for better weather. "Boy the one thing about riding in the mountains is they sure do block the view"!! :lol: I bet Stampeeder still has a smile on his face :p I am looking forward to seeing those pics...I'll hound night_wolf tomorrow at work for them. Let's get together for a pint on of these nights. So we can share some more farkles. Better yet lets get more Stomers out!!!! P.S Now you know how hard you can push that 650....told you she goes.... :twisted:
Later
T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
:D :D :D ....Oh Ya, now that was a ride all right.
Still can't believe we were passed by a "DUKE" and we were doing 140kms per hr. :shock:
If the snow stays away, it would be fun to see the fall colors in late September on Highwood Pass. Put the heated grips to use!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
It was fun & educational meeting you guys @ the Fortress gas stop yesterday. Thanks for the "sit-ons" and honest discussion. I was on the Duc Multistrada 1000 but am shopping stateside for a DL1000 to keep in the S. US. I think this is it: http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/14gallry/08suz/VStrom/Pics/vstroms6501000/vstrom2bi.jpg !

The Duc stays here in Calgary. I wasn't the "passer" mentioned in this thread, but the MTS1000DS will make an easy 200kph even with luggage on, its geared pretty tall and can pull it. I'll keep an eye out for you guys on the road(s) again somewhere!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Tyler if you see this stop by the shop and get the reflective stickers. I put them in my lunch bag :)

I have the pics, but I'm having trouble accessing my web server. I can e-mail them to one of you guys if you want to post them. Think there are 5 pics. Drop me an e-mail at tmlhkyfn at gmail dot com and I'll send them out. Might not be tomorrow night as I'm staying late in Calgary for dinner.

Hey Ty how surprised were you to see me on your ass after you had gotten out and passed those cages. The little 650 gets up and goes, but you have to be willing to wring it's neck.

I had an awesome day and am lQQking forward to the weekend of the 9th/10th for another ride.

tyblaney said:
It was awesome for all of us to get together today!!!!! We couldn't ask for better weather. "Boy the one thing about riding in the mountains is they sure do block the view"!! :lol: I bet Stampeeder still has a smile on his face :p I am looking forward to seeing those pics...I'll hound night_wolf tomorrow at work for them. Let's get together for a pint on of these nights. So we can share some more farkles. Better yet lets get more Stomers out!!!! P.S Now you know how hard you can push that 650....told you she goes.... :twisted:
Later
T.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
It was great chatting with you too and good luck shopping for the bike 8)

Sgt Silk said:
It was fun & educational meeting you guys @ the Fortress gas stop yesterday. Thanks for the "sit-ons" and honest discussion. I was on the Duc Multistrada 1000 but am shopping stateside for a DL1000 to keep in the S. US. I think this is it: http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/14gallry/08suz/VStrom/Pics/vstroms6501000/vstrom2bi.jpg !

The Duc stays here in Calgary. I wasn't the "passer" mentioned in this thread, but the MTS1000DS will make an easy 200kph even with luggage on, its geared pretty tall and can pull it. I'll keep an eye out for you guys on the road(s) again somewhere!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sgt Silk said:
It was fun & educational meeting you guys @ the Fortress gas stop yesterday. Thanks for the "sit-ons" and honest discussion. I was on the Duc Multistrada 1000 but am shopping stateside for a DL1000 to keep in the S. US. I think this is it: http://www.rka-luggage.com/pages/14gallry/08suz/VStrom/Pics/vstroms6501000/vstrom2bi.jpg !

The Duc stays here in Calgary. I wasn't the "passer" mentioned in this thread, but the MTS1000DS will make an easy 200kph even with luggage on, its geared pretty tall and can pull it. I'll keep an eye out for you guys on the road(s) again somewhere!

If you ever want to hook up and go for a ride drop me a line [email protected] Ride safe!! :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
Finally have access to my web server again and the pictures I took that day are now in the Photo Albums section of my site 8)

Night_Wolf said:
I just dropped them in an e-mail to Graeme 8) I do believe he'll post them for us

Stampeder said:
NIGHT Wolf
Any pic's from our ride last weekend??
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top