StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Hey there,

This would have to be something that we discuss with the Mod/Admin team for the final decision.
Before it is brought to them, how do other members feel about this?

Any other possible solutions? A sticky thread?

All input helps!

Richard.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
It is a great idea.....ONLY if someone keeps it up to date.

·
Vendor
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't see it as much of a challenge. The only action is to add new events. No action needs to be taken on old events.

I think people would become aware of events they would otherwise never hear of and probably boost regional rally attendance by those not monitoring that currently monitoring that regions board. Would be nice to know if there are any motorcycle swap meets or classic bike shows too.

I would be happy to run it, but I doubt it would be much of a burden on anyone.

All that would be needed is entering a title and link to the events web page. Members could submit by PM.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
There is already a calendar at http://www.stromtrooper.com/calendar.php

The classic theme has a button for it but it seems to be gone from the new theme. I think anybody can add events but can't be sure as I see it as a moderator.

·
Registered
617 Posts
There is already a calendar at http://www.stromtrooper.com/calendar.php

The classic theme has a button for it but it seems to be gone from the new theme. I think anybody can add events but can't be sure as I see it as a moderator.
I just added the June Cache Rally so it looks like non-mods can add.
In my opinion, all the birthdays muddle things up and this doesn't really serve as a good event calendar.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here is one on East Coast someone emailed me about. Sounds awesome! But alas I cannot make it :(

Conserve the Ride 2016

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I wonder how the birthdays get introduced to the calendar. I figured it was an automated process from registration but mine isn't on there. There are way too many members for all to be represented on the calendar but the ones I checked all joined after I did.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Events Calendar

I think this would be helpful....planning local events is tough also so maybe copy a format across different forums? It is not my birthday today. >:):bom_mellow:

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
If you want your birthday shown on the Calendar, you have to have the settings right in your User CP.

User CP>Edit Your Details>Optional Information

From there you can change your privacy settings for your birthday. You want it shown, you set it to display date.

What we could do is add a secondary calendar to the site. Have one for birthdays, one for events. Keep everything organized, without taking anything away.

Kevin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts