StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 12v power supply that I'd like to mount on the handlebar. Is there a way to route the cables without removing the tank? Any routing ideas would be appreciated.

Dom

·
Registered
217 Posts
IIRC, I ran mine on the left side under the tank. You can see a group of cables coming out at the front above the radiator, that's where mine comes out. just need another piece of wire or something to help fish it though and you're good.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Not that I know of, ya really wanna keep it clean and prevent chaffing, so removing the tank is the trick to doing it right. I will skip all the details and stick to the subject, as there are plenty here who like to share their wisdom.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Yeah, you can poke cables through without lifting the tank.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i just did this. standing on the bike look downand at the triple tree, you'll see a couple small bundles of cables go under the tank on the riders right side. i pulled off the small trim piece (1 torx and 2 snaps) below the tank/seat and then was able to fixh the wires through and out the back of the tank. might want to make sure you add some additional sheathing or cable loom for protection.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ran the wires through a piece of clear tubing, tied it up with tieraps
put clear silicone sealer on ends of tubing to prevent water from
entering. Be sure & put fuse holder near battery connection

1 - 7 of 7 Posts