StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching numerous turn signal threads I have decided that I want to replace the expensive stock turn signals with a large flush mount. A couple members on here have installed truck cab lights as flush mounts. I like this setup, but I hate to go to an amber lens when I have clears now.

I have been looking at the Recons and am wondering if anyone has installed pair of clear cab lights on their Strom.

S

·
0 Posts
:lurk5:

I'm right there with 'ya, brother:

I recall seeing some cheapy flush-mounts at a either Cycle Gear or a local dealer - can't remember which.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Lockhart Phillips Flush Mount III. You can get them in clear. They're good size (not like the little sportbike marker lights), and have good visibility. And their not LED, so you can just wire them up and the blinker speed stays the same.

http://lockhartphillipsusa.x-shops.com/FLUSH-MOUNT-III.html

Check out ebay, BikeBandit, etc.
do they use standard 1156 bulbs or the wacky bau15s socket with offset pins that the new stock signals use?
(to replace incandescent bulbs with led ones)

·
Registered
130 Posts
My bike came with the amber flush mount lights you're talking about -- at least that's what it sounds like. They're bright enough and use the standard bulbs, plus, if they should ever break, I'm sure I could replace them for like $5 at a truck stop.

The awesome part is that I also have the original unbroken turn signals in a bag :thumbup:

S

·
0 Posts
Steve,
What do you plan to replace your stock broken TS with?
I recall seeing some cheapy flush-mounts at a either Cycle Gear or a local dealer - can't remember which.
I'll go find 'em and try 'em. I think they were only $20. I've seen quite a few pics of Stroms with flush mount turn signals to replace (or prevent) broken OEM signals - must be lots of choices out there.

Google found http://www.sportingforless.com/servlet/the-702/Yamaha-YZF-R1-R6/Detailin a few clicks.

The only possible issue would be that the flush-mounts don't entirely cover the holes where the stalks of the OEM turn signals come thru the fairing. It's hard to imagine, given the smallish size of the stalks, that it would be an issue... but if it were, it seems like it'd be pretty easy to make an escutcheon plate out of plastic sheet or something scrounged

1 - 12 of 12 Posts