StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C28 FI error and have pulled the tank so I can have a closer look. My question is should I not be able to move the rod attached to the secondary? I tried it stationary and I opend the main butterfly? wide open and still can't move the secondary. Is this normal or is the secondary "stuck"

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Don't know if the wee is any different (I wouldn't expect it to be), but the computer controlled secondaries I've seen are activated by an electric motor: no electricity to the motor, no movement of the secondaries.
Unless you disconnect the rod from the motor, you should not be able to move it.
I think it's not recommended to move them in any case, as the ECM might lose track of where they are.

To test, just make sure they cycle when you turn the ignition on.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The secondary linkage is not to be moved by hand. Forcing it will cause damage. DL650K6 c28 code

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The secondary linkage is not to be moved by hand. Forcing it will cause damage. DL650K6 c28 code
Cool, thanks

The butterflys were at about a 70 degree angle from when I shut the bike down. I've got the tank and side panels off already for a different project. I thought about it and decided that I wouldn't hurt it if I kicked it over. When I did so it went for max air and flipped the butterflys to a 90 degree full open position showing me they work. At this point I'll probably go with some type of connection issue from reading the other posts on a C28 failure. I can clean the contacts with WD40 and I'll find some good electrical coating to put on the contacts after they dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts