StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all, I am getting a C16 code...Speed sensor circuit front wheel malfunction....I know my speedometer has stopped working. Can anyone tell me where to start searching? speedo cable? I did replace the front tire a while back so I'm not sure if i did something wrong. I'm on a 2014 DL1000.
Thanks all

·
Premium Member
'14 DL1000A ~_/) ~ '14 GSX1300R
256 Posts
Could be a very simple fix, esp since you mentioned fr wheel/tire remove/replace...
See pic: located just below fr wheel's compression adj screw
make sure it's clean and securely fastened.
Notice the cable retainer just above and to the L of the comp setting

And just to cover all the bases, make sure it's lining up with the speed sensor rotor mounted on the wheel
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Gear Crankset

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
The sensor's are easily damaged and should be moved before the wheel is removed,

Did you do it ?

Did you put it back ?

It's also part of the ABS so it may not be working too.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Did the metal disc with the holes in it get bent away from the sensor's tip?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I once put the front wheel on backwards, so the sensor ring was on the wrong side. Who knew you could do that? Anyway, it became very apparent with no speedo and TC & ABS lights, etc.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
... Can anyone tell me where to start searching? speedo cable? ...
In case you are interested, the computer takes input from both the front and rear ABS sensors and generates a pulsing signal that goes to the speedometer and odometer. So you don't have to worry about a separate speedo cable. Once the front sensor is back up and running, the speedo will come back too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK all, I am getting a C16 code...Speed sensor circuit front wheel malfunction....I know my speedometer has stopped working. Can anyone tell me where to start searching? speedo cable? I did replace the front tire a while back so I'm not sure if i did something wrong. I'm on a 2014 DL1000.
Thanks all
Ok all, thank you. I think I've figured it out now. They mounted tire backwards so I mounted the rim reversed....the sensor wheel is on the left side. Ugh

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be a very simple fix, esp since you mentioned fr wheel/tire remove/replace...
See pic: located just below fr wheel's compression adj screw
make sure it's clean and securely fastened.
Notice the cable retainer just above and to the L of the comp setting

And just to cover all the bases, make sure it's lining up with the speed sensor rotor mounted on the wheel
View attachment 291573
Sensor rotor is on left side. They mounted wheel backwards so I mounted it reversed...

• Wow
Reactions: Stromation
1 - 8 of 8 Posts