StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta tell everyone.....I think the Strom is one of the best used bike purchases a person can make (unless the bike has been abused). The Strom is such a solid platform and awesome power plant....it is hard to go wrong.

Here is the story of my recent experience......

CLICK HERE

·
Registered
543 Posts
I will agree with you there...both of my Stroms were purchased used.

Although I did not have quite the adventures your article described (great stuff, BTW!) when I bought them, they were great deals regardless.

When I got the 1000, I also got to meet Big B (the seller), BTD, Scarlet Harlot, Firedog, and a few others when I went to pick it up in Colombus, Ohio. It was a great time; got plenty of tribal knowledge on the Strom and had fun later that night at a bike rally.

So when I wear this bike out, I'll pick up another USED Strom!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Ditto. . .

My '02 has served me very well. It certainly helps to know that all this $$ I am dumping into the Farkles can be saved should I get a newer Strom ;-)

But, this isn't just a Strom thing, I've never owned a new bike. Always bought used. With the exception of my '99 Beemer (R1100RT), I've made out OK. The Beemer's value dropped a bunch in the 3 years I had it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Very cool!

Makes me want to find my next motorcycle as far away as possible so I can do the same. It looks like a blast!

Holy crap!!!!! Look at the size of that elk!!!

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool!

Makes me want to find my next motorcycle as far away as possible so I can do the same. It looks like a blast!

Holy crap!!!!! Look at the size of that elk!!!

Funny you say that.....I am shopping for a KLR for my youngest son. It would be very cool if that bike were in Maine!!!!!

And yeah....that Bull is a keeper and may end up making the books (B&C).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts