StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a rear Metzeler Tourance for my Vee and a little disapointed by the Canadian prices.

canadasmotorcycle.ca has it for 186.00 + taxes+ shipping
dualsport has them for $210.00 plus taxes
revzilla in the US has them for $150 + 6$ shipping to local philly

any other sources that are local? At this point, im buying in the US.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 on Pete's super fast delivery with cheap shipping - usually within 2 days from la belle province.
And don't forget that the Tourance comes in both the older model of non-EXP and the newer EXP model.

Non-exp - $147
EXP - $155
not sure what the difference between the 2?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
EXPs wear a lot quicker... Buy the orginals (non exp) if you want mileage...
that's right - they are a stickier tire and warm faster... I buy the originals because I feel that they are an excellent wet weather tire and warm up just fine for my standards. I'm not dragging knees and rarely take corners hard within the first few minutes of riding anyways.

I did ride with the non EXP model once as a rear tire and it only gave me around 14k whereas I routinely get around 22k with the non-EXP model for what I consider to be negligible difference in performance.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I do... I learned with help here and some youtube videos....

have any tips or links to those videos? Id love to learn to do it myself.

but, dont you have to balance when you install a new tire?
Just type in motorcycle tire change in youtube or google... yes, you can balance the tire yourself as well... that is actually the easiest part of the tire change process....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have you looked at Michelin Anakee 2's ? Similar tread pattern to to Metzler but a little more agressive I think. Put a set on this spring. 13,000 k so far this season and the rear has alot of depth still. The front is getting that weird wear pattern with the bumps that many who have them will mention. Not really sure whats up with that. All in all I am happy with them and they do provide a fair bite off road as long as it's not slime. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I had good results with an original Tourance rear and EXP front. They wore at about the same rate. Great front traction.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I've purchased many through Parker Bros www.powersports.ca but last set was from DualSport Plus. I take my wheels into Rosey Toes.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i ended up buying in the US. Tire came to $156.00 all in vs $195.00 at dual sport.

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts
Sad, but it's the reality of it.

I like to support "local" businesses but I also like to get more for my dollar.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts