StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to buy a 2012 Wee Strom, new or almost new, for a trip to Montana this summern. Anyone have advice how get the most for my money?

Settled on 2012 becasuse of upgrade. Do not want Adventure, perfer to add what I want.:dotdotdot:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Getting a good price depends a lot on the dealer and how much competition they think they have in your buying area. When I worked at HD, we pretty much set our price because the same guy owned every dealership for 100 miles. In the same area we have 4 major Honda dealers, so you can price shop pretty effectively.

My suggestion is to offer to pay the MSRP as an Out the Door price. That's the only price that matters... In other words, you're not going to pay the dealer setup, prep, etc. The sales guy will have a fit about how they have to pay shipping, taxes, etc. Your "compromise" price could be to pay sales tax, but still leave the other fees off.

It's a shame we have to play these games to buy a bike, in the old days the price was the price, there weren't commissioned salespeople, and the buying experience was a lot more fun. Now it's like buying a Toyota; everybody feels dirty and used when the deal is finally over.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I tried using the internet to get OTD prices from 8 dealerships within 400 miles. Only three responded. But, a local dealership had a 2012 sitting in a corner, and they are bringing out their Snowmobiles, so, I asked what his best OTD price was. He beat the three internet-contacted dealers by 450-1100.00. So, I'd say concentrate on dealerships in the snow-belt, tell them you are ready to buy from the dealer with the best OTD price...if they need to move the bike, from what I've seen, you can get a Non-Adventure 2012 for somewhere in the low 8000 range OTD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts