StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still on the hunt for the right Vee for me. But was hoping on some opinions from some people out there.
The difference btw a few of the bike's that have crossed my path, seems to be more farkles with more mileage or less miles with no farkles. The price gaps are not huge. So, would you rather buy an 05 with 10k w/ no extras or an 07 with 35k with some farkles on it?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Depends on a few factors-
Was the maintanence done on the '07?
chain/sprockets
valve check
etc.

Do you like the accesories? If not they are worthless.

35K miles is not a lot if the bike has been taken care of.

I bought my own 07 Vee with about 25k miles on it from another strommer and have been nothing but happy with it.
No issues what so ever. All changes I made were by choice not neccesity.

if you don't want accesories and are concerned for the milage go for the '05,

Either will be worth your time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish! Right now it's hard to find one in the area. There are a few at a couple of dealerships, one I rode and don't think I would buy, and two I hope to see tomorrow. but nothing I can find locally from a private dealer. I'm even trying of search within a few miles of airports I think I can fly to and ride back. The biggest risk with that is getting there and finding the bike is not as the seller says. But with the right seller /bike I'm willing to put in 4-500 miles on my first ride on my new(to me) bike

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Look at it this way: the only large farkles would be the rear shock, luggage, crash bars, skid plate, and possibly the seat.

Everything else is under $100 or so, so maybe it's simpler to only factor in the above, and only if they're things you want.

The mileage matters very little, so given the choice between expensive farkles and lower miles, I'll take the goodies every time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My money goes to the low mileage bike, especially because most farkles have little value to me.

I just found my '06 Vee with 4000 miles, Two Brothers exhaust (and stock pipes) & PCIII in showroom new condition for $5k. BUT... I had to drive 600 miles to pick it up and ride it home. I couldn't find anything with low miles locally, with or without farkles.

-Russ

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
I always try to examine the guys other stuff and yard.

I don't use the luggage but if you did that's real money.

At 15 k the chain may be tired, If the tires are old they should go.

Its a Strom less worry more riding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts