StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if seats conform to the person. So a used seat would never fit quite right? Yes or no?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not sure if seats conform to the person. So a used seat would never fit quite right? Yes or no?
With the used seat I bought it seemed to me that the previous owner liked to sit a slight bit further forward than I do. My butt didn't line up with the very slight depressions left over from his cheeks.

Somewhere around 500 Kms I no longer noticed. Now about 2000 Kms (1200 miles) with the new seat, I've created my own slight depressions, I guess.

The previous owner was, from what I could tell, built very much like me. Tall and not too heavy. That helped, I'm sure. Also, he had not put a tremendous mileage on the seat either.

The seat I bought is designed flat with no cut-out, to allow unimpeded movement fore and aft. I move around a lot, as I think the previous owner did. Any initial weirdness I felt due to the previous rider's ass shape is much less of an issue than the locking in place due to the deep cutout of the original seat.

I excuse myself for taking your time, because after writing this, I doubt this is of any use to you. My seat is too special. All I can safely say is that *In my case*, the different seat design and better foam is a much bigger factor than the fact someone else initially broke it in.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I bought two used seats (DL1000, OEM Gel) when I first got my Wee. Tried them all and kept the Gel for a few years until I got a Sargent. Sold the others. Buying/selling seats is fairly common around here. No big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts