StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not wanting to use the rack for a front bungi cord attachment point, I made up a 10 guage plate with a steel bushing welded to the side. No problems touching a passengers leg. Very handy for attaching a duffle bag to the seat.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Is it covered in Plasti-Dip?

Good idea, looks professional.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not dipped but " baked " I'll apply about three coats of spray paint then bake it in the oven at 350 for an hour or so. Really stinks up the place for awhile but provides a real durable finish :-D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very slick!! Trying to use the grab rails for a bungee attachment point has not worked real well, because the hooks want to slide toward the back. Your fix looks to be just the thing. Great idea thanks for sharing!! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not wanting to use the rack for a front bungi cord attachment point, I made up a 10 guage plate with a steel bushing welded to the side. No problems touching a passengers leg. Very handy for attaching a duffle bag to the seat.

I had an old tie down laying around so I cut two pieces about four inches long and folded them double. Then I drlled a hole in the ends and using the same bolt that you did I bolted them under the rack. Now I have a 2 inch nylon loop hanging out under the rack for bungee cords. Very soft and no chance of cutting the seat or a passenger. Just an idea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts