StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 19.1.19 a couple of us are getting together for lunch at The Bundanoon Hotel in the southern highlands at about 12.30.

All are welcome, you need a reason to ride, don't let the heat put you off.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Do kangaroos pose a riding hazard?
They sure as feck don't here.
Just curious.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi Lrobby yes Kangaroos are a hazard here, many riders have had experiences with hits and near misses with them, they mainly become a problem at dawn, and at twilight/night. Strangely enough there aren't that many Kangaroo's at Kangaroo valley.

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
Saturday 19.1.19 a couple of us are getting together for lunch at The Bundanoon Hotel in the southern highlands at about 12.30.

All are welcome, you need a reason to ride, don't let the heat put you off.
You have to be joking! 46 deg (115F for Americans) forecast for tomorrow and 33 C (92F) on Saturday (with rain). 300km (total) in that?

·
Super Moderator
5,157 Posts
37 degrees for Saturday and 36 degrees for Sunday predicted here. If I am riding at all it will be between 5am and 9am when it gets down into the mid 20's.
Love these heat waves - roll on winter. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
Do kangaroos pose a riding hazard?
They sure as feck don't here.
Just curious.
Coming home from a camping trip last Thursday night on a winding dirt road with steep drop-offs to the side and no safety barriers (Wombeyan Caves Rd for the locals) in fog with 'roos jumping across in front of me - not at all! :)

P.S. 39 C (102F) outside at the moment and not a cloud in the sky. Some rain would be nice.

Not as much a threat as the drop bears......:surprise:
I was in drop bear country, too! (But I had Vegemite.)

https://australianmuseum.net.au/learn/animals/mammals/drop-bear/

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Coming home from a camping trip last Thursday night on a winding dirt road with steep drop-offs to the side and no safety barriers (Wombeyan Caves Rd for the locals) in fog with 'roos jumping across in front of me - not at all! :)

P.S. 39 C (102F) outside at the moment and not a cloud in the sky. Some rain would be nice.

I was in drop bear country, too! (But I had Vegemite.)

https://australianmuseum.net.au/learn/animals/mammals/drop-bear/
'roos jumping across roads in fog. That sounds bad. Real bad.

I went to the Bundanoon Hotel website. It looks very nice. But, isn't 19 dollars for fish & chips a little much?
You would have a hard time finding a place charging more than 12 around here. Ouch.
thanks,

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lrobby if you want to join us I will shout your lunch & a few drinks too. LoL

A little while back a mate & I had lunch at the Gundaroo pub, he is a tight ass and complained about $25 for fish & chips, when he finished he was very impressed with the meal and would gladly pay the $25 again.

Did you convert AUD to USD ?

The heat means the lawns don't get done again but a ride is always on the cards no matter the weather.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
I wish
I wish
I wish
Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Rolex, does the shouting of lunch and drinks only apply to people currently overseas? :)
No !!!!

If you join us I will cough up for your lunch and a few drinks.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts