StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's not what it sounds like. Yesterday I washed my mule (1000K6) and discovered bug guts on the backside of my windscreen. I have a Cee Bailey mounted on a Madstad bracket. I guess I must have a lot of vortices from the combination causing bugs to impact on the backside of the screen.

So what I wonder is if I have the windscreen adjusted properly or is this a normal occurrence??? I am very happy with the airflow and have very little buffeting (mostly from dirty air behind pickups and minivans).

Thanks for the help, Chris.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I have the same condition on my vented chopped shorty. It was noteworthy at first, now it's another non-issue. If it gets too bad, I'll just spray some more flat black on the inside surface. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Normal

So what I wonder is if I have the windscreen adjusted properly or is this a normal occurrence??? I am very happy with the airflow and have very little buffeting (mostly from dirty air behind pickups and minivans).
It's normal. You're going to get vortices any time you hold up anything into the windstream. Even if you mounted the screen horizontally you'd get some small vortices off the trailing edge. If the buffeting is diminished, you've got it mounted right.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's normal. You're going to get vortices any time you hold up anything into the windstream. Even if you mounted the screen horizontally you'd get some small vortices off the trailing edge. If the buffeting is diminished, you've got it mounted right.
My old bike, a Kawi 750 did not have this issue, but then again it completely blocked the air stream to the point of having the wind blow backwards onto me while riding. Talk about no buffeting. But I'll take the small amount of buffeting with the Strom anyday.

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
My Windstrom Manta does the same thing. The sportbikes I've had never did , but they never had an opening for air on the bottom edge.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've noticed the same phenomenon. MP touring screen mounted to a Madstad bracket. Must be one heck of a vortex to slam an insect body forward with enough force to make it go splat.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the bugs are deflecting off the fairing onto the shild

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I noticed that there is a fairly strong backdraft/vortex behind my GIVI - my first time caught in the rain, after it had stopped and I had my faceshield up, I noticed drops that fell off the lip of the faceshield would get sucked towards the windshield.

The other day I was accelerating onto the freeway from an on-ramp and thankfully had put my faceshield down - a big flying bug came in from about 11 o'clock and whacked the left edge of the faceshield, bounced back and then got sucked towards the windshield.

In neither case was this backdraft strong enough to cause a bugsplat, but I wasn't going over 60 in either case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts