StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing my passport application and my licence expired 18/02/2011:jawdrop:, great amusement to my kids who are hoping I have to do a written test and go back on my P's. Because they think I would fail a written test (and are probably right). What ever happen to renewal notices? Will check out the net but anyone know how I stand in Qld.

·
Registered
260 Posts
From http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/Renewing-replacing-or-updating-a-licence/Renewing-a-licence.aspx:

When can I renew my licence?

You can apply to renew your Queensland driver licence up to six weeks before it expires.

If your licence has expired and you do not wish to drive, you have up to five years after the date of expiry before you are required to take another written test and pass another practical (on-road) driving test. If your licence expired more than five years ago, you will need to resit the written road rules test and complete the learner, P1 and P2 type stages of the licensing system.

If your licence expired more than two years ago, you will be required to show at least three evidence of identity documents when you apply for the renewal of your licence.

You will also need to pay the driver licence renewal fee.
You're lucky you didn't get pulled up in the meantime though.....

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

Yeah just checked out the web and should be ok for renewal. Son says how can you not know the expiry date on your licence. Reply was quite easy when I 'm not taking out my licence to hand over to Mr Plod every second week.

·
Super Moderator
4,606 Posts
Phew, just checked mine. 'Tis OK, expires in March 2015 but will need replacement before then - the plastic is nearly broken in half from being sat on whilst in my wallet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I feel for you man. I rode an unregistered bike for nearly 12 months because of an administrative screw up. I didn't find out until Mr plod pulled me over. All because the [email protected] here have done away with all license stickers and discs. No paperwork or reminders at all apart from the first and final renewal notice (WA) which I wasn't receiving. I ended up fighting 3 government departments and had to go to court too. I ended up schooling them which was some compensation. As windinhair said, very lucky I wasn't in an accident.... Until 1 month after this was sorted :headbang:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts