StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
Morrie it looks like it might be a worth a try. I think all the crash bars are worthless in a go down. The blinkers still get broken and the plastic still gets trashed.

I think frame sliders might be the better alternative.

· Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I would pm Blair, and find out what he thinks. I still think todays crash bars suck.
I've got a friend who tested the Pat Walsh Bars and they worked fine. He picked the bike up and kept riding, no damage except for scuffs on the bars

· Premium Member
3,543 Posts
I had "sliders" on my Wee before I bought SW crash bars. Does anyone know of a personal experience of someone actually "going down" on a strom with sliders mounted?? I tend to think the ones shown above would just "snap off" due to their length. I had short, mushroom pucks on my slider assembly. I dropped my ZRX1100 at a gas station once (wind blew it over), and the frame slider bolt was bent all to hell.......I guess it saved the tank from getting dented but the slider bolt had to be massaged back into shape. I've also seen pics of sliders that were ground down to nothing during a moving-slide......they did their job.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
I had a 20mph low side on SVRacingparts.com sliders which are very long. It didn't even file the entire end down. How they react depends on the material used. I've seen reports of some shattering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.