StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am on a 2011 DL650, and if I am in 1st gear and have the rpms between 3-4K and hold an absolutely steady throttle, the bike still bucks a bit. Others get this? Same thing in 2nd but not quite as much but 3rd and up is ok.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I Have IT

DL650K7. I am told the fix for this to adjust the computer in dealer mode, I think to make it less sensitive to the Throttle Position Sensor. I don't know if the TPS itself can be adjusted but it would stop bucking if the fuel flow did not go up and down. I have learned to live with it. It has always been a problem for me on 90 deg left turns in 1st or second gear. I learned to apply some rear brake just before I add some power at turn in to the turn. The brake smooths the bucking, which disappears anyway when enough throttle is turned in. I was quoted $450 to fix this with a special computer program.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you are talking about when in first gear at low speed that cracking on the throttle is not smooth. Same thing on my machine, but I am really talking about a steady slow speed in first and it bucking. Riding the back brake might help but I wouldn't do that for long ! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts