StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we might start a regional list of folks going to the national get together in SD in June. I suppose it also makes sense to know of those traveling through our fair state from the east. Perhaps we can meet up.

I will originate from Lorain Ohio, along the lake.

I am jazzed for this event!:p

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
Wish I could, I'll be taking some other riding trips this year.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Myself and Weezel are going, we may trailer to western Nebraska saving body mind and tires on boring interstate 80. We are also doing Wyoming and Colorado.

Kyle

·
Registered
30 Posts
I might try and make it our as our family Vac. this year. Not sure yet gotta see how spring treats this farming family. Will be towing trailers if we do, Wife & 3 kids.

Might try the Easter event in NC, but probably can't afford both. I am a slave to the weather for my living, have to see what it gives me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My ride will probably only be one way with other Strommers making the pilgrimage as I also am making this my vacation by flying my wife out for a few days in the area together. I am sure my plans will morph as it gets closer, but I plan to beat feet to get out there, enjoy the rides and time with my wife anf the other Stromtroopers, and then ride home back to to northern Oh ho ho at a more leasurly pace, seesing some sights along the way. Currently the plan is to spend about 12 days without 4 wheels and away from home.

I look forward to meeting you Kap. You were the first to welcome me back when I joined last may. You too Mr. Maze......

Having lunch with a customer next week who rides to Sturgis from my area every year. Gonna get some route advice and a list of his "must see" places.

My Blue Beast is just about farkled up and ready for the jaunt except I have a few electrical things to mount and wire. My aux front end lights, the Stebel horn and the cigarette lighter plug so I can power my Garmin. Plenty of time.....

Just got a sheepskin butt pad from Alaskan Leather last week and I think I will like it. Thanks to JonL for the Deadsheep discount code that saved me 5 Bucks!

I'm gonna hang up ( already printed a few of them ) the info that Blade Runner has on the event site at a few Northern Ohio Suzuki dealers in an effort to raise awareness and get some more folks to attend.

Peace............:mod2_wheelchair:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big B. I like your location "land of the poison nuts"! :mod_lol:

Which part of the state are you in?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Columbus is my home town Big B., I know, or I should say knew, Westerville well! I think the story usually goes.... "I used to date a girl from Westerville"..... in my case I actually did.

Back in my long distance bicycling days of the late 70's/early 80's I did lots of miles over those roads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jan. Bike show IX center

My ride will probably only be one way with other Strommers making the pilgrimage as I also am making this my vacation by flying my wife out for a few days in the area together. I am sure my plans will morph as it gets closer, but I plan to beat feet to get out there, enjoy the rides and time with my wife anf the other Stromtroopers, and then ride home back to to northern Oh ho ho at a more leasurly pace, seesing some sights along the way. Currently the plan is to spend about 12 days without 4 wheels and away from home.

I look forward to meeting you Kap. You were the first to welcome me back when I joined last may. You too Mr. Maze......

Having lunch with a customer next week who rides to Sturgis from my area every year. Gonna get some route advice and a list of his "must see" places.

My Blue Beast is just about farkled up and ready for the jaunt except I have a few electrical things to mount and wire. My aux front end lights, the Stebel horn and the cigarette lighter plug so I can power my Garmin. Plenty of time.....

Just got a sheepskin butt pad from Alaskan Leather last week and I think I will like it. Thanks to JonL for the Deadsheep discount code that saved me 5 Bucks!

I'm gonna hang up ( already printed a few of them ) the info that Blade Runner has on the event site at a few Northern Ohio Suzuki dealers in an effort to raise awareness and get some more folks to attend.

Wonder if the Suzuki dealers would put a note (or something) on their Strom Display at the Bike show?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

Also looking forward to meeting you, I read your web site weekly.
Kyle

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good suggestion on the bike show Kap. My daughter and I are going to go and will take a couple fliers with me there too. She rides a little Ninja 250. Has had it for a couple of years and rides it very well. I call her riding style "courteously agressive". ;)

Peace....Alex

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Thought we might start a regional list of folks going to the national get together in SD in June. I suppose it also makes sense to know of those traveling through our fair state from the east. Perhaps we can meet up.

I will originate from Lorain Ohio, along the lake.

I am jazzed for this event!:p

I wish. Physical limitations make me long for trips like from New Lexington to the Hocking Hills. I'm serious. I love to look at the pictures and read accounts of these trips. Be sure to get lots of pictures and write a good report so I can share in the fun.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will do that Buck.
I have ridden for 42 years doing about 3 ~ 4 k per year but have never really taken the time to do a long loop like this so I am looking forward to it. You live in a beautiful part of the state, some really nice roads down there. I went to high school in Waverly and used to ride a little 50cc yamaha way farther than it was made to. (back in the day when 50cc would haul around me @ 130#. I go about 205 now and my K4 Vee freels just right:p)

Peace,
Alex, aka Ohio Sojourner

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think I'm gonna go.already talked to the boss tryin to get my poop in a groupfor june-------John sarver

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
We arn't Buckeyes but we have a Buckeye (poison nut) tree. We are thinking about it, the dog and pony show. Maybe when ya all come thru the Hoosier state we could meet up. When the date gets closer we will firm up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
159 Posts
Southerners headng West for The Gathering

Sorry about a Southerner infringing on your Mid - West - ness, but I thought I'd give my schedule (fairly set in stone) for the ride out, to see if we could get a real, big - time convoy going on as we all head West in June, for The V-Strom Gathering. Since I am usually being subjected to riding with mostly cruisers, I think it will do my heart good to see this many V-Stroms in one place. In my opinion, the more of us riding together as we go out, the better !! I am planning on using all Interstate.

Leave Chattanooga, Tuesday, June 23 to St. Louis (446 miles - Going thru Nashville & Clarksville,TN; Paducah, KY; Mt.Vernon, IL).

Leave St. Louis, Wednesday, June 24 to Omaha, NE (433 miles - Kansas City).
Meet up with "Confederado" - coming up from Mississippi @ Gretna NE KOA.

Leave Omaha, Thursday, June 25 to Rapid City, SD (525 miles - Sioux City, Sioux Falls).

I'm not sure how many of the eight currently committed V-Strom Gathering Southerners and Southeasterners are going to be coming with me, in the time frame that I have set out, but probably at least 2 to 4. Do we want to try to coordinate meeting up somewhere along the way - maybe St Louis or Omaha - for the last sections or somewhere in between ? KOA's or Motels are fine with me.

Focus Power and Enjoy The Ride !!

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I will do that Buck.
I have ridden for 42 years doing about 3 ~ 4 k per year but have never really taken the time to do a long loop like this so I am looking forward to it. You live in a beautiful part of the state, some really nice roads down there. I went to high school in Waverly and used to ride a little 50cc yamaha way farther than it was made to. (back in the day when 50cc would haul around me @ 130#. I go about 205 now and my K4 Vee freels just right:p)

Peace,
Alex, aka Ohio Sojourner
Thank you, Sojourner. Enjoy that trip, it sounds like a blast.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I'll be leaving from Ohio June 20th. My destination is Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a friend's wedding, but I'm planning on doing the Iron Butt's Saddlesore 1000 on the way out; 1000 miles in less than 24 hours, with a quick stop to say Hi at the gathering. If anyone wants to get into this, PM me & check out the IBA's site here on the ride; http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=1

·
Registered
159 Posts
Fourvalve:

Best wishes and be safe !! Hope your butt's not made of "iron" when you get where you are going - that could cause you to exceed your V-Strom's GVWR.:mrgreen:

I'm taking three days to go 1400 miles - that's enough for my butt (and my back, too) !!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts