StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
It's been a few years for me.

When do you plan on heading that way?

You may have given me an excuse...........................

·
Registered
301 Posts
BC

I was on Walnut creek and I'm pretty sure Buck Creek about a month ago and they were both great. Go for it and double check my memory. We did 1000 miles in 5 days so I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When do you plan on heading that way?
I'm leading a small group up from Canton GA to the waterfall area sometime in November and was looking at Buck Creek as a return alternative from US 64 to US 64 that escapes the expected traffic by the falls area of US 64.

I've ridden the main roads in that area but not Buck Creek. Since some of the guys ride cruisers I always have to check if unknown roads are suitable

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm leading a small group up from Canton GA to the waterfall area sometime in November and was looking at Buck Creek as a return alternative from US 64 to US 64 that escapes the expected traffic by the falls area of US 64.

I've ridden the main roads in that area but not Buck Creek. Since some of the guys ride cruisers I always have to check if unknown roads are suitable
If any others are invited I would love to meet up. I'm in Augusta but would be ok to meet in Canton.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm proposing this ride at the next meeting of our church's motorcycle group and if we go this is certainly a possibility.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I just checked Google Street View.

It works on Buck Creek Road, so you'll get a pretty good sense of the road.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Street View? Hadn't thought it would carry a back road like this. Thanks for the tip.
They are everywhere, I've had to curtail my nude gardening bacuse of it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've ridden Buck Creek often, not for a few months. You'll have a few potholes and watch out for gravel off driveways sloping down to the road, especially if there has been a heavy rain recently. Your little detour around Downtown Highlands is nice, but if you are hungry for literally the best burritos you may want to head to "Pescados", just off main street in Highlands. (no affiliation or incentive to mention this).

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We'll be coming into Highlands from the south on NC 28 and if Pescado's map is correct we'll pass the restaurant before going on to US 64 E. heading for Buck Creek Rd.
Good tip. Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Great, the ride UP 28 is also nice. Yes, Pescados is on the right in the middle of a block before the lite signal where you will intersect with 64. Another ride you can take from 64E is Norton Rd. which is left off of 64 E a few miles before Cashiers. From Norton you can take N. Norton back to Walnut Creek........ actually, I am not so sure of the road names after Norton I just know I always end up where I am and somehow find my way home wherever the heck that is.......... I don't have Garmin or the like. I occasionally ride with a buddy who uses one so I follow him. I mostly ride alone and just follow my front wheel.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
There are two Pescados, the aforementioned one and another in Brevard, NC to the East.

I believe that they are unrelated except for some menu commonalities.

If they still have shredded pork, get it in a burrito. It's like a pork grenade with a slow fuse, but in a good way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts