StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can now buy a BT adapter for the IPod. Wondering if anyone has tried using the set up on bike, specifically thru the Scala Q2?

I would like to know if it will pair with the Scala.

Anyone?

Cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a BT adapter (can't remember the model) for my iTouch that I pair with Motorola S9 headphones (not while riding). The adapter is a little tempermental and easily looses connection with the headphones (i.e. putting the iTouch in my pocket). Gave it to my 14 y/o daughter and she gave it back with in a day, said she would rather deal with the headphone wires LOL.

Sorry doesn't really answer your question bout the Scala, but hopefully a little helpful.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I answered this over at VSRI, but will do the same here.

I originally, when I had the Q2 under trial, was horrified by the audio quality from my iPod direct into the jack input of the Q2, so I looked into a BT transmitter.

The cost was about $100AU, but then teh Q2 would only provide as K1W1 says, 2 channel mono, not true stereo. Now cost wise this is the difference

Q2 - $270AU, with my 'friend' discount
BT for iPod - $100

Total cost - $370 with two channel mono, this was not physically tried by me as I had returned it to store by then without forking aout the extra $100

Comparison

Camos headset BTS 230 for flip lid - $240
BT adaptor for iPod - $120

Total $360 with true stereo sound

Not really much to consider really.

Mind you, I do not need the intercom facility, so I did not delve into the quality of this for either system, only music, GPS and phone.

I hope that clarifies a few things.

Cheers
TS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts