StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Brutal wait

Here's what a friend of mine in Salmon Arm does. He orders stuff from US suppliers sent to an address just south of the border in WA and rides down to pick them up, stops at the border on the way back, pays the fees and duties and is on his way. He buys all his tires in the US sometimes in lots of six or eight with other riders he knows. He saves time and money and gets to ride alot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I am having a great laugh here at home!! What a great bunch you are!! :p:p
The problem with my initial post was that I tried to squeeze it in before heading off to work this a.m. (4 am) and I made an error, then tried to edit, and the rest is history..
By the way, it is bullet "riddled" bodies...LOL:D
This is the issue: I ordered by Givi E21's and fit kit through my local suzuki dealer. Price was actually the same either side of the border, give or take $10. so I thought it was a good idea to keep the locals happy, especially since they may work on the DL someday.
I ordered the bags 1 month ago, and all I hear is "its way back east, blah, blah..they sent the wrong bags to edmonton, and had to send them back, seems like delays, etc...
I ordered two helmets on the same day 1 month ago from dennis kirk, substantial savings and had the items shipped the the U.S. Shipping house. 1 WEEK, no delivery charge and items in great condition with about 50% savings!
Why so long to get parts up here?? A couple years back I ordered a straight bar for my cruiser and three months later, still no bar. I ended up getting one from the bike recycler.
What gives......:???::???:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
There is a perfectly good reason we wait longer up here. The reason is

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
It took 3 months to get my Suzuki topcase through my dealer. I'm ordering my side cases in January so they'll be here when riding starts again.

On October 4th I ordered symtec grip heaters and the heat troller from A-MotoStuff, it still isn't here. I ordered an Olympia Moto Sports AST jacket from them in mid-october and it got here a week ago. Go figure.

SS

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Be patient grasshopper. As you know, us riders in the GWN have an off season to wait and contemplate the meaning of life. With luck your stuff will arrive before Santa. Don't know why stuff takes so long to get across Canada and only a matter of 10 days from Texas but gotta live with it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
silver strom, that is my point exactly!

I ordered my topcast and mount last spring, but decided to order online from the U.S. and had the equipment here in a week, via the border shipping house.
So why one month of excuses with the local dealer for parts that apparently are in stock and in country??
It is true, I wont need the stuff for a few months here myself, but I would still like to install and check it out. Suppose it was a critical part needed asap.???

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup, got me again!!:D:D
TOP CASE TOP CASE
Sorry gang, but here is an update.
I ordered riding boots on Friday from Kirk for both Bonnie and I. They arrived today.
The local suzuki dealer was closed yesterday, and no further info today.

Excellent service??????
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is likely the final post. E21's are now cancelled, at least through the local bike shop anyway. after 6 weeks of BS excuses (and watching the dollar hit 1.10 US, and drop, I would have been able to purchase online and save big), I chatted with the shop and said, lets drop it.
I purchased boots through kirk last week and had them up here in 4 days!

Now I am considering soft luggage for the DL. Any suggestions that would work with both bonnie and i on the DL

Clyde

1 - 15 of 15 Posts