StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just wondering, has anyone tried the Tusk D-Flex Pro handguards also listed on that website? I have a 2006 Vee, and am also wondering if I can make something work that's cheaper than BarkBusters.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Modified Barkbuster Storms..........

Well, I did spend $150 on my BarkBuster Storms MANY years ago......no regrets. I wanted alittle more COLD weather protection on my hands tho, and have been looking at materials to add to the existing brush guards.......never could find the "right" plastic, using shtuff I had laying around, or easy to get at a Big Box Store. Then a Gift from Heaven entered my life yesterday.........a piece of black inner-fender material from a vehicle hitting a street sign (hard) last week. The material was still laying on the ground, so being a good citizen wanting to keep our 'Hood clean, I picked it up and threw it in the back of the truck. Few hours later using posterboard cutouts for mock-up, electric handsaw, and a drill.......I have my added "Brush Guard Comb-over". Need to try them out to make sure they do not interfere with my gloves, but easy enough to trim if they do. Working on a "lubrication mod" to the Wee, so no riding for a week or so........:furious:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Off Topic

A couple of years ago I built some larger weather shields for my BB storms from a pair of black motor oil bottles.

They were only built for the wet as it's not that cold around here and they attached with cable ties, it is now just another project that sits in the corner of the shed.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
I used Tusks on my Vstroms and on my 250 China Bike.

Undecided about what to put on the CB500x. Certainly the Barkbusters are perhaps a step up in being sturdy but yeah the price ....:furious:

I scored a pair for $80 US from a dealer in Australia - they were used and they've been fine and used for the occasional low speed come offs for the last 5 years. ( after I broke a lever off pavement and had to limp home. )

With the Tusk you can colour match but they can be a bear to get evenly aligned. I think the Barkbusters give you a bit more clearance from the lever.
Thought these were neat

I'll likely put these on the Honda rather than try and match Honda red.

They look like they have weather protection.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
BB's may seem expensive but if they save a brake or clutch master cylinder or even a broken hand they will have been very cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts