StromTrooper banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Tom, did you install your Go Cruise on your new ride? Just wondering if you liked it enough to move it once again, to your new bike. I’m thinking of getting one.

edit: lol
Just thought about it... you have cruise control now 🙂
I meant to reply to this way back when. It isn't as stupid a question as some might think.

I was very close to adding the Go Cruise when I first got it. I have a bad habit of hopping on the bike and riding and then doing up some zippers, etc. I would typically do this at low speeds in 2nd or sometimes 3rd gear The Cruise doesn't work unless over 50 kph/30mph and in 4th gear or higher.

Anyway I have just changed that bad habit and stopped doing that so haven't felt a need for it.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
LOL, what are the chances!

Good to hear that we can use regular in a pinch, with slight modification of throttle input. I suspect the BoosterPlug would provide a bit of margin also, due to the slightly richer air/fuel ratio on throttle inputs.
Apart from being a bit cold blooded at startup I have to say the fuelling of the DL1050 (to me at least) is pretty much perfect. It's now been ridden in temperatures up to the high 80's (and maybe 90's) and down to around 17°f / -8°c with no fuelling issues at all. I wouldn't want to change that.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Well I feel pretty silly. I searched but apparently my search terms weren't in the correct order or otherwise skewered, because this thread never came up.

But, I found it now so my post requesting comparisons can be disregarded. Thank you V-Tom for all the info, I have pretty much made my mind up to get the 1050 now.

One question that I haven't seen an answer to, and I'm not clear from looking at Suzuki's site: Is the center stand standard?

Wish I'd been aware of the 5 yr warranty and free zumo, believe that's over now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I feel pretty silly. I searched but apparently my search terms weren't in the correct order or otherwise skewered, because this thread never came up.

But, I found it now so my post requesting comparisons can be disregarded. Thank you V-Tom for all the info, I have pretty much made my mind up to get the 1050 now.

One question that I haven't seen an answer to, and I'm not clear from looking at Suzuki's site: Is the center stand standard?

Wish I'd been aware of the 5 yr warranty and free zumo, believe that's over now.
yes, on the XT

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Last (maybe) question

Diameter of the GPS rack on the windshield? 12mm round bar (standard)?

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Last (maybe) question

Diameter of the GPS rack on the windshield? 12mm round bar (standard)?
Don't know the size (7/8" perhaps?) but can check tonight. IIRC it is the same diameter as normal (non-tapered) V-Strom handlebars. I installed a Ram Mount on it for a TPMS device and it was the same size as my previous Strom Handlebars.

..Tom

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
OK, 7/8" then. Thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
GIVI finally came out with the racks (PLO3117CAM for 1050 Strom) and the top case rack (SR3117 Specific Rear Rack) to hang my existing Trekker Outbacks on my 1050XT. Not available in the USA so I had to order from Italy. I was shocked, they showed at my door within 2 days of ordering using standard shipping from CarpiMoto in Genoa CarpiMoto. I can't get parts, once they ship, in less than 4 days from a Philadelphia supplier shipping to Pittsburgh. Looks relatively easy to mount. Now I can easily switch cans back and forth between my 650XT and 1050XT. Also, $125 cheaper than GIVI listed prices for both inclusive of shipping and Euro conversion cost. NOTE - This will NOT fit on the XT - Just the 1050 base model

·
Registered
317 Posts
GIVI finally came out with the racks (PLO311CAM One Fit Outback Cam) and the top case rack (SR3117 Specific Rear Rack) to hang my existing Trekker Outbacks on my 1050XT. Not available in the USA so I had to order from Italy. I was shocked, they showed at my door within 2 days of ordering using standard shipping from CarpiMoto in Genoa CarpiMoto. I can't get parts, once they ship, in less than 4 days from a Philadelphia supplier shipping to Pittsburgh. Looks relatively easy to mount. Now I can easily switch cans back and forth between my 650XT and 1050XT. Also, $125 cheaper than GIVI listed prices for both inclusive of shipping and Euro conversion cost.
You need to edit the post
Correct Givi number is PLO3117CAM for 1050 Strom

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

161 - 172 of 172 Posts