StromTrooper banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Stupid question time. Are the colors on this display real? Everything I have seen on the bike says monochrome but the picture below certainly is not.

NC
Sorry the screen is monochrome. The colors are some kind of interaction between the display and my Samsung S20.

..Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
2 months as of tomorrow.

View attachment 276759

I love riding this bike! Only thing making it less that perfect for me is the seat and that should be taken care love later this month. I'm hoping to take a little road trip when I get the seat. Maybe to BC if I can get away and the weather holds.

..Tom
How did you get your display to be in color...mine is only black/white

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Got my Russell Day Long Today! Haven't had a chance to ride it yet but sitting on it shows it isn't nearly as tall as my RDL on my 2015 DL1000.

It feels comfy and I know will become extremely comfy once it breaks in.

Looking forward to putting on some mileage!

..Tom

·
Registered
171 Posts
Cool. Now it’s officially “your” bike 🙂. Enjoy. It looks great!

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Got my Russell Day Long Today! Haven't had a chance to ride it yet but sitting on it shows it isn't nearly as tall as my RDL on my 2015 DL1000.

It feels comfy and I know will become extremely comfy once it breaks in.

Looking forward to putting on some mileage!

..Tom View attachment 277727

View attachment 277728
Dayum... look at the width of that seat!

I wandered into the Suzuki dealership yesterday for a new mirror mount (yep, I stripped it) and saw your bike calling to me... free Zumo and a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty! Pretty good deal and just think of the money you'll save as you rack the miles on with that killer warranty.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #131

I wandered into the Suzuki dealership yesterday for a new mirror mount (yep, I stripped it) and saw your bike calling to me... free Zumo and a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty! Pretty good deal and just think of the money you'll save as you rack the miles on with that killer warranty.

Yeah the seat is wide just like the one on my 2015 DL1000 and that is a big part of why it is so comfy as is the shape. 1,000 to 1,200 km days back to back to back when slabbing and one day up to 1,600 km with no butt fatigue at all.

The GPS is a nice little Garmin 396. Has traffic and weather and traffic cameras. Its a nice bonus.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
The more I ride this bike the more impressed I am with it!

I was riding down a back road and decided last possible moment to take a side road. I was real close to it and just HAMMERED the brake lever as hard as possible. I was blown away by the sheer power and stability of braking. I am sure it took longer but seemed like I went from about 65 mph to near stop in 50 feet or so. Total stability, no drama just extremely strong braking. I'm sure my 2015 DL1000 would have stopped nearly as well but with a bit more drama. Shortly after that I tried the same thing on a fairly steep downhill . There wa sa cool feeling that I think was the system moving he braking force around as one again it stopped incredibly strong.

I'm sure the ABS was triggered in both cases but both times I don't recall feeling the ABS pulsating.

..Tom

·
Registered
205 Posts
Seems like the Australian market gets the green colour
Further to my post it appears that the screen colours change when in low light to full sun.
I have now noticed on full sun it is green display and when the sun reflects on the screen it gets brighter making it really easy to read. When the sun is in front of me the display is still green however it is reduced brightness to your setting.
When in a low light situation in the shed the display turns dark blue with white numbers. This must be the night mode which changes automatically. So in all the screen is quite clever in detecting the best visible display for all light conditions.

·
Registered
144 Posts

View attachment 277744
Can you provide any details on the Zumo? I picked mine up last Tues and there was no mention of it. I'm in Tennessee.
Thanks

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Can you provide any details on the Zumo? I picked mine up last Tues and there was no mention of it. I'm in Tennessee.
Thanks
It's Suzuki Canada doing the promo. Suzuki USA is probably doing something else.

..Tom

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's Suzuki Canada doing the promo. Suzuki USA is probably doing something else.

..Tom
ok thanks - my dealer didn't mention anything so I guess there wasn't anything and I checked Suzuki web today and there was no mention of it. I, on my own, got a $100 gift card which I applied toward the bike.

BTW, have you tried your seat yet? How long from order did it take to receive and did they require a deposit to book your production date? If looks mean anything it looks like it will be super comfortable for the long haul.

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I think I ordered June 30th and production (start!) Date was sept 10th. Seat shipped around the 18th or 19th

The wait time changes with the season and demand. No deposit was required. I had lots of questions and they usually answered the phone quickly and were very helpful. I have been busy since getting the seat on the bike friday and have only maybe 500 miles since.

Super comfy seat! My butt is happy! Like my last one there is a little bit of pressure at the front of the seat but that goes away after a while and was never anything more than something I was aware of.

I love riding with this seat!

..Tom

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think I ordered June 30th and production (start!) Date was sept 10th. Seat shipped around the 18th or 19th

The wait time changes with the season and demand. No deposit was required. I had lots of questions and they usually answered the phone quickly and were very helpful. I have been busy since getting the seat on the bike friday and have only maybe 500 miles since.

Super comfy seat! My butt is happy! Like my last one there is a little bit of pressure at the front of the seat but that goes away after a while and was never anything more than something I was aware of.

..Tom
good to hear! I'll be giving them a call soon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The more I ride this bike the more impressed I am with it!
Me too. I'd say they made a good bike ('14 DL1000) better (1050). The brakes are a good example. Same components but they just work better. Noticeably better. The electronics do their thing without feeling like they've taken over (except for the hill hold, don't care for that). I also think the ABS pumps much faster and that makes it less noticeable. It was obvious when the ABS kicked in on the old bike. I think it is more subtle now. I remember being impressed with the traction control when I got the V2. The TC light on the dash was the indicator rather than a loss of power. That surprised me. Kind of like that, only with the brakes. There are other examples as well.

It's a lot of fun to have the improvements of the new model and the familiarity of the old one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Curious about your experience with your day long(s) and whether they raise you higher? I’m vertically challenged (29” inseam) and although I would love to get a day long have always heard they raise you up. However, I was scouring their web site the other day and this was addressed in their FAQs in a way that made sense that it doesn’t necessarily and is making think about it again. Hopefully my bike (1050XA) will be ready for me to pick up by the weekend (weather is looking nice!).

Thanks

Brian - impatiently waiting for my new stead to be ready

121 - 140 of 172 Posts