StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
13,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought home my new DL1050 this aft.

Only ridden 40 km and love riding it so far! Just raised the seat, added Rick's Mirror Extenders and hooked up my Garmin Zumo XT. It is put together much nicer than any of my Previous Stroms and feels like a much more expensive bike.

I am sure I will have more to say after getting a fe km's on it.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Tom,
Congrats! Nice color combo. Suzuki is no fancy company, but they put out great bikes. Next year may be the right time for me to sell my '14 1000 and get the new one. If the 1050 is as good or better than my 1000, I will be more than satisfied.

When you get the chance, please compare the 1050 to the 1000, especially the throttle- given the new ride by wire.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Well done, Tom. Congratulations.

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Administrator
16,973 Posts
Awesome and happy for you my friend, digging the facial hair too. ;) I know you'll give us an honest down to Earth feedback of it, now go rack up some miles and see how clean you can keep this one. LOL

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Envious (and I don't even want a new bike) ;)
I've never seen one in the flesh. Question: Does the rear seat come off with a key or a wrench?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats, nice bike!
I like your riding sandals 🤪

It will be interesting to hear your comparison reviews.
How did the buffeting compare on the first ride?

What’s the deal with raising the seat. How is that done?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looking good, nice colour choice!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very nice bike. Great colors. I kind oof wish the wheels were not black but it is in keeping with the overall color scheme. Keep us all informed about future farces such as side cases and racks etc.

JDP

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats on a great looking bike! what a nice way to spend Canada Day. Enjoy! I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts as opposed to the ''biased'' moto journos.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Love the look and color or the new 1050 there. A mix of old and new to me as I remember the Katana originally back then...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts