1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
The links on page #154 work for me but it would not be surprising if links to images or posts held on other servers were no longer accessible.
People may delete images, or even their account. A year or two back there were huge problems for some when Photobucket canceled their free image hosting service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I am surprised it works for you, I can't get to the thread at all. I understand about lost images etc. but I guess something else is going on here.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Not sure what happened where, but a few of the stickies in the Vee and Wee sub forums seem to have broken links to a screen buffeting thread, I think this is the thread:
https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/40635-buffeting-windscreen-thread-04-11-dl650-04-12-dl1000-154.html

It would be great if we could get access to it again as it was a super useful thread when I read through it.
I can get to the thread and there's no issues for me. What kind of problems are you getting? the images don't show up?
are you getting any database errors? and can you post some screen shots on how it looks like on your end?

Lee

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
There is nothing technically wrong, the issues are exactly what Brockie explained above. There is so much info about this topic on the forum, a person could go crazy reading it all.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Hmm, I am surprised it works for you, I can't get to the thread at all. I understand about lost images etc. but I guess something else is going on here.
I used your link to show page 154 of The buffeting and windscreen thread for '04-'11 DL650 and '04-'12 DL1000

I can see every image on that page, and there are no links there.
If you cannot see those images or link to that page I would suggest that the settings of your browser or anti-virus are responsible.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for having a look at it everyone, I appreciate you trying to help me.

My issue seems to be something quite different to what you are expecting because I can't even get to the thread. Instead I get the following message when I try and view it:

vBulletin Message
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I have tried a couple browsers, including going via my phone to be on via a different ISP. The mobile error message is differently worded to the above, something like "you don't have permission to perform this action ..." But it

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Thanks for having a look at it everyone, I appreciate you trying to help me.

My issue seems to be something quite different to what you are expecting because I can't even get to the thread. Instead I get the following message when I try and view it:

vBulletin Message
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I have tried a couple browsers, including going via my phone to be on via a different ISP. The mobile error message is differently worded to the above, something like "you don't have permission to perform this action ..." But it
Hello there,

Just to clarify,
When you enter this thread here: https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/40635-buffeting-windscreen-thread-04-11-dl650-04-12-dl1000-154.html
You get this error?

vBulletin Message
Permissions look right on my end. What browser/device/skin are you using?

Ed

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Thread was deleted by me, many links/pics are broken/gone and we already have buffeting and shield stickies in appropriate sections. How is anyone even able to click on that thread in "general V-Strom discussion", only Mods and Admins can manage/see a deleted thread?

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Hello there,

Just to clarify,
When you enter this thread here: https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/40635-buffeting-windscreen-thread-04-11-dl650-04-12-dl1000-154.html
You get this error?

Permissions look right on my end. What browser/device/skin are you using?

Ed
Try removing the "S" from https://

Not sure that it applies here, but MANY times I copy paste a link and text it to a buddy and it won't work for them. It is usually the https vs http that is the problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
That is an eye-opener for me Big B. I keep forgetting that others can not always see what a Mod can see, and I do agree that a deleted thread should not have a visible link to it.

Could it be the choice of "soft delete" or "totally remove" that has caused this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thread was deleted by me, many links/pics are broken/gone and we already have buffeting and shield stickies in appropriate sections. How is anyone even able to click on that thread in "general V-Strom discussion", only Mods and Admins can manage/see a deleted thread?
Thanks for clearing that up :)

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
That is an eye-opener for me Big B. I keep forgetting that others can not always see what a Mod can see, and I do agree that a deleted thread should not have a visible link to it.

Could it be the choice of "soft delete" or "totally remove" that has caused this?
I typically hard delete, don’t see much use in soft deletes. We do obviously see a different view, so not sure what everyone else sees? :smile2:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
i do not have any deleted sticky threads bookmarked and when i navigate to the DL1000 sub-forum, i still see the deleted thread by mighty shep at the bottom of the sticky section. also, in the general vstrom sub-forum, there are 2 deleted threads--1 by weevgone and one by Li432paul that persist....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts