StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup. Was heading down a trail on my way to work this morning. Snapped it off on a log that just barely nicked it.

Stupid cast aluminum POS...

So, the local stealership quoted me $45 for a replacement, $55 installed.

Vstroma has a folding shift lever for $52 tax/shipped.

Ordered it over the net this morning when I got to work. Called and a nice lady took pity on my situation and told me she would get it out USPS priority today. Hopefully since it's across my state it will be here tomorrow.

Figured for a few bucks less, and a lot of extra strength, not to mention if I take the same hit it will just fold instead of snap, it was a no-brainer.

Looks to be an easy install too, just a snap ring? :confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Figured for a few bucks less, and a lot of extra strength, not to mention if I take the same hit it will just fold instead of snap, it was a no-brainer.

Looks to be an easy install too, just a snap ring? :confused:

If you can work the snap ring, the most difficult part is remembering the reverse threads on part of the linkage. It'll probably take longer to walk to the mailbox and open the package than to actually install.

·
Registered
988 Posts
And just where do you live that allows you to take a trail to work? Some folks have all the fun.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can work the snap ring, the most difficult part is remembering the reverse threads on part of the linkage. It'll probably take longer to walk to the mailbox and open the package than to actually install.
Reverse threads, got it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts