StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice. I just mounted a set of Motech crash bars on my Wee Strom. Tons easier than mounting the centerstand on my son's SV-650. All went well until it came down to tightening the cheap cast aluminum clamp :evil: that hold both sides together. One side would not compress and soon broke. Of course I can replace the part but do you have and better ideas for a stronger mount?

Thanks............. Bill

B

·
0 Posts
Email Erik and he will send you a new one. I think it happened to a couple of people when it first came out

P

·
0 Posts
I agree, I held my breath when fitting this clamp. Looks pretty flimsy. For 200 dols they could have done better.Otherwise the bash plate looks good and sturdy, was easy to install.
Pif.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your imput. I emailed Erik and heard back from Michael. Typical for them, they have already put a replacement part in the mail for me. That's great service.

The bars and centerstand went on fine and seem to be very well made. That cast aluminum part seems to be the exception.

The other good news is it's almost March so spring is not too far away. We got 8" of snow comming tomorrow and then...

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts