StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a v strom 1000, but the day the 250 hits the floor here if ever, I'll be buying 1 as a commuter to work! Come on SUZUKI!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reviews in Europe seem okay, would male a good little brother to my 1000. Looks good.

I went through Vietnam on a honda 150 at 55mph, I would hope a 250 could do 70

·
Administrator
16,973 Posts
No way I would want that over a Versys 300.......not even a contest.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Why when we have the DRZ400?

·
Administrator
5,559 Posts
I had a DRZ400 as well as a DR650 and they are a completely different class of bike.
They are vibey single cylinder dirt bikes and do not compare at all with a smooth and comfortable road bike that can also tackle easy offroad.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
I had a DRZ400 as well as a DR650 and they are a completely different class of bike.
They are vibey single cylinder dirt bikes and do not compare at all with a smooth and comfortable road bike that can also tackle easy offroad.
A 25HP road bike, give me a break. The V Strom 250 will suck on-road as well as off, at least the DRZ rocks off-road and is tolerable on.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
My 2012 Royal Enfield C5 Bullet had about 27 HP and 412lbs. It would do 75 mph indicated. It just didn't get there real quick.
To me being under powered is a safety issue unless you are just putting around town at 30 mph. But some folks ride scooters in traffic, so everyone's threshold is different

·
Administrator
5,559 Posts
So why don't we all own Hayabusa's?
After owning big bikes on a whim I purchased a Honda VFR400 (NC30). While my riding buddies were working their bikes I was flat out, using the bike to its full potential. It was kinda neat.

Keep in mind that a modern 250cc street bike has a greater power to weight ratio than 95% of all motor vehicles. If you cannot stay safe on a motorway it is your fault - not the motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
So why don't we all own Hayabusa's?
After owning big bikes on a whim I purchased a Honda VFR400 (NC30). While my riding buddies were working their bikes I was flat out, using the bike to its full potential. It was kinda neat.

Keep in mind that a modern 250cc street bike has a greater power to weight ratio than 95% of all motor vehicles. If you cannot stay safe on a motorway it is your fault - not the motorcycles.
Once again, any bike that can't out accelerate a stock 1/2 ton crew cab pickup is under powered.

·
Administrator
5,559 Posts
My Versys X300 may have a few more HP but it can easily drag 99% of all vehicles from the lights, cope capably on busy motorways, and when necessary leave all other traffic behind. You should test one before condemning them. From the video it seems very capable of keeping up with anything on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
My Versys X300 may have a few more HP but it can easily drag 99% of all vehicles from the lights, cope capably on busy motorways, and when necessary leave all other traffic behind. You should test one before condemning them. From the video it seems very capable of keeping up with anything on the road.
The reported 0 to 60 time is over 9 seconds

·
Administrator
5,559 Posts
Well you have just proved that my X 300 was the right choice, though I still wonder if it would matter that much in real world situations. 🙂

1 - 20 of 27 Posts