StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all

Neat little new ios app for the new DL1000 Vstrom. Lets you use your iphone to get an augmented 3D model of the new DL1000.

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/about/promotions/explore-the-v-strom-1000-in-augmented-reality/

You are supposed to print out a target template to use to provide the augmentation but since I don't have a printer at home I decided to use my Galaxy S4's screen as a base.

Not a bad little background wallpaper either :mrgreen:

Turned out quite neat, the level of detail in the 3D model is not too bad

A little bit of fun to keep us going until the real thing is out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Are you freaking kidding me? That's just too cool, and now I have a new way to salivate and dream as I wait for mine to arrive at the dealer!

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Apparently no app for Android, just IOS. Guess Mrs. Stoopy's iphone will have to be put to some other use than updating her facebook account... :D

·
Registered
15,612 Posts
I was thinking ...WTF...but that is like way cool dude!
Can you switch colors too so you can fantasize on the adventure of your dreams?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
15,612 Posts
I just noticed as I clicked off the app link...the size and shape of the muffler. Great GAck. looks like a vacuum cleaner bolted to the side of the bike. That might get in the way of a saddle bag or severely limit the shape of one.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I just noticed as I clicked off the app link...the size and shape of the muffler. Great GAck. looks like a vacuum cleaner bolted to the side of the bike. That might get in the way of a saddle bag or severely limit the shape of one.
Yeah, hit the icon in the upper right corner to turn on the saddlebags and check out how the right one is carved out around the muffler.

I am noticing with the Android version, I can zoom in and get much better detail than with my wife's iPhone version. You can zoom into the guts of the bike and see cutaway views, to an extent.

In particular, zooming in very tight to the rear axle area, I am noticing the adjusters for the rear axle position seem to be much different than my Wee. Kind of looks like the axle won't have to be loosened to adjust chain tension. Is it like that on the legacy Vee? Looks like it's gonna be a cakewalk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts