1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Upgrade yes, Make it lighter, 399LBs make it more dirt orientated,
Spoke wheels, 21 inch front wheel, Take the plastic off and make it bendable
plastic (like the rubber made stuff)
This bike would turn the heads of many TRUE adventure riders,,,,
Suzuki could pull all this from there parts bends and keep the cost down ./..
A bike you could drop and nothing would break, pick up and ride,,,
Like the 2007 and down KLRs
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Yeah, all that would really appeal to the riders who spend more time on the street than they do on the dirt.

Suzuki has done an excellent job on a COMPROMISE bike. If one wants a true dirt bike then get a dirt bike. If one wants a true road bike then get a road bike. The V-Strom is neither and both rolled into one. Adding stuff to make it more dirt-worthy would ruin it for the road riders while adding stuff to make it more road-worthy would ruin it for the dirt riders. In short, leave it alone.

I do agree that the 1000 should be brought back to the USA and if they leave the ABS off I might even buy one.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Mike
How are they going to do that and keep the price within reach of people who would actually buy one?... 399lbs... seriously? The 650 can't even touch that.... What you want, and what you are willing to pay for are two different things my friend... Just throwing it out there, but... how about Suzuki ignore what you want, see how the new 650 sells and make a 1000cc version of the new 2012 650... (with all the attributes of the 650 including reasonable price)? Which one do you think would sell more?

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
If you can take a DL 1000 in the dirt, and not just a dirt road, You got more balls than me,, A old school Concours handles better in the dirt...
The DL 1000 is a street bike,,
I get down Mexico way on a couple of KLR 650s and have never seen a big duel sport on the trails,,, I think the BMW GS 800 could handle some of the tough stuff with the right rider,, But NO GS 1150 or 1200 dare hit these roads
I can dream and that is what I am doing thinking Suzuki would or can make the DL 1000 a true adventure bike....
OK flame suit on blast away guys,,,,,
Mike

·
Registered
816 Posts
Mike
Ya, dream on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DL1000

Hi,

I'd suggest that Suzuki upgrade the DL1k to a 1.2k and, pay attention to weight and suspension quality.

I sold my DL1k with 45k miles on it, while having a Tiger 1050 in the garage. Now I have a Ducati MS12.

Compete, suzuki. It is/was agreat product. YOu'ld sell more with a shaft, attention to weight, how about 450 wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts