StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a set of T30 Evo's. A bit too early to speak about mileage. I have about 3k km's on mine of fully loaded touring and starting to show a bit of a flat spot on the rear. For reference, my last Shinko 705 rear lasted 7k km's. If I get 10k km's on the rear, I'll be happy.

Besides mileage, I love these tires.

The only other tires I've had on my Wee have been 705's, and the T30's are infinitely better as a road tire. The bike just corners so much better than the 705's, I can't believe it took me so long to switch.

PS, I paid $300 taxes in from Pete's Superbike, Bridgestone has an additional $50 mail in rebate.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good info. Thanks. Do you have 1000 or 650? I'm surprised tough that you've got only 7000 km on 705. I've had them only one time on my bike but got about 11-12000km if I remember correctly. Saying that not worth the money IMHO.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good info. Thanks. Do you have 1000 or 650? I'm surprised tough that you've got only 7000 km on 705. I've had them only one time on my bike but got about 11-12000km if I remember correctly. Saying that not worth the money IMHO.
It's a 650. The 7k 705 was burnt through on my trip to Colorado and back, 2-2500km's each way of straight Interstate at 130 on a fully luggaged 650 took it's toll. Probably 60% of the tire was used up in the first 2k km's, and then the wear slowed down. The two previous 705 rears lasted about 10k km's each.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have a set of T30 Evo's. A bit too early to speak about mileage. I have about 3k km's on mine of fully loaded touring and starting to show a bit of a flat spot on the rear. For reference, my last Shinko 705 rear lasted 7k km's. If I get 10k km's on the rear, I'll be happy.

Besides mileage, I love these tires.

The only other tires I've had on my Wee have been 705's, and the T30's are infinitely better as a road tire. The bike just corners so much better than the 705's, I can't believe it took me so long to switch.

PS, I paid $300 taxes in from Pete's Superbike, Bridgestone has an additional $50 mail in rebate.
Just got a set today from the guy that had got his GS month ago with new Evo's on it but after a week he decided to replace them with more dual sport oriented tires. Maybe 100 km on them. For $120 even if they last only 10000km I can't go wrong. BTW just yesterday I changed my rear Metzler Tourance NEXT for Michelin Pilot Road4. I can't believe the handling of the bike. It's just amazing and so smooth.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I bought a set of Battlax T30 tires and the rear will probably last just shy of 5,000 miles with the front easily doubling that. I liked them enough to buy another rear when I had a trip planned and want a fresh rear tire. This is where the NoMar continues pays for itself. After the trip I put the old T30 back on and have run it throughout the summer. Going on a 4 day trip tomorrow so I removed the almost worn out T30 and put the newer one back on. When I get back I swap them again and get another 500+/- miles out of the summer tire wearing it completely out.

American Motorcycle Tire the T30 f/r set was $209 shipped.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
7000 miles that's very low mileage. It's even less then I got out of Shinko 705 which was the lowest mileage I've ever gotten out of the rear tire

·
Registered
60 Posts
Changed my T30 rear at 9000 miles. Still had a little life on it but I was getting a bunch of other maintenance done so I had it changed while everything was apart. Had some tread but was really squared from interstate commuting.

Still running the front which looks great at 12,000mi.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed my T30 rear at 9000 miles. Still had a little life on it but I was getting a bunch of other maintenance done so I had it changed while everything was apart. Had some tread but was really squared from interstate commuting.

Still running the front which looks great at 12,000mi.
9000miles sounds much better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts