StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'm not huge on going offroad, the thought of destroying my trusty steed irks me, the little i do doesn't require aggressive threads. Mostly dirt and gravel roads.

That being said, i do 99% of my riding on pavement, and so far the best rubber i placed between me and it have been the Bridgestone Battlewings. I have tried a couple other brands, none outdid the ol' oems, not even tires that cost me twice as much.

After doing some research, i decided to give the new T30 Evos a try. There were two major factors that influenced my choice: the price (about the same as the oems) and the 3LC technology. Of course, being a product of a company i already liked was a big plus.

My first set was installed at the beginning of summer. A 150(ZR) felt very sticky, but i was a bit hard on them, so i had to change the back tire after ~7000kms. I got another last week, i chose a 160(ZR), because i don't like the look of a narrow tire (lol).

I'm really glad i didn't follow the trend, and go for Pirelli Angel GTs or Michelin Pilot Roads (i'm usually a Michelin fanboy). Reading some online reviews, the Bridgestones sounded cheap and underwhelming. Now that i have tried them, i know better.

Also, i saved a lot of money.

Well played Bridgestone.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,403 Posts
I run the Bridgestone T-30 EVO also. There is not a better tire for all around use that I have found. It may, or may not, get quite the miles a couple other tires would, but at under $225 per set delivered I am still paying a lot less per mile than I would be if using other brands.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,403 Posts
On the RT I can get 7500 miles out of a rear, and two rears for one front.

I am high and dry, no water in house or shop. Still in "evacuation" zone, because of height of river against the levee. But all is looking good now. Should be ok. Can't say that for hundreds of thousands here.........

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Went to the Dragon last week, the tires performed great. They weren't full on sport bike performers but in the end, they will have lasted as long as the first set.

And when i say they did good, the studs on my pegs met asphalt ;)

The front tire is down to about 30-40% thread, which is a bit surprising.

Debating if i'll continue with tha model next year, because even though i see improvement while cornering, changing a tire every 7000kms instead of 10-12000 (for the Battlewing), and the use i make of it, might not justify the added cost in the end.

We'll see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts