·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brendan’s Ride Brendan Kearns Owner of www.stormtrooper.com
86 miles, 5 hours with 1 hour lunch
Ride date: January 6th Sat
9:30 meeting at Dennys SR 27 and Hwy 50 Leave at 10:30
Lunch at Noon at Yalaha Bakery Finish NLT 3pm.
Lou Whitney will lead this ride
Any Questions: Call Charlie 352-634-1311 or [email protected]

If you did not get the Map via e-mail, please e-mail me for a copy of the trip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Brendan's Jan 6th Ride

Wish I could join, but will be on my way back from Utah that day. Looks like a good route.

Happy NEW YEAR!! everyone....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Very Cool!
This is the first ride I get to do with fellow Stromers!
I will def be there.

This is so cool because I had to work on the Nov meet-n-greet and again on the Dec 29 ride.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Jan 6 ride

Sounds great! I'll be there.

Mystrom

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
We are going to try and make the ride even if "we" aare riding the 'other' bike for this ride. My better half is going to try and come along just to meet all of the group that can show up. Please, (LOL) be on your best behavior. Ha Ha! If she cannot make it, I'm gonna come on the Strom just to meet Brendan. Really looking forward to the ride. See ya'll on the 6th.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sounds like this should be a great turn out. It will be good to give Brendan some good times while he is down here.

Jan 6th (Sat) ride is now SET. Mike Schmidts is getting with Brendan so Brendan can ride his DL1000 on this ride.

Jan 7th (Sun)
Jan 8th (Mon)

Either the 7th or 8th I will take Brendan on the Crystal River to see the Manatees and have a little tour of the river and a short ride on the Ozello trail.

I need somebody to step up for one of these day and take Brendan down the St Johns. It can either be the 7th or 8th. My schedule is open to do either day.

PS: last weeks ride in now on fotki, link below. The video is also on the link in the video section

Charlie
[email protected]

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
I just received a pm soliciting all my personal info from motoxusa.

Does this have anything to do with this ride?

I have a problem giving my personal info to anybody for no good reason, and I would suggest that everyone else beware of such a solicitation.

Thanks,
Ray

motoxusa said:
We're creating a contact list for Florida V-Strom riders. Could you please provide the following:

Full Name
Address
Phone
Forum Handle

Thanks

Lou Whitney
motoxusa
[email protected]

If you have to keep looking back, you're going way too slow!
04 V-Strom DL1000
04 DRZ400S
04 Honda Ruckas 50

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ray, what this is for is that all the M&G Florida riders can put a name with a face (we will be asKing for pictures, you with your bike later) To let all riders know when a ride is being held, or if a fellow rider needs a little help etc.
The address needs only to be the City, not a phone number if that's a problem, but at least an e-mail where the above info can be send.
Thanks

Charlie Pope
Retired Law Enforcement

·
Registered
413 Posts
Man! Cpope and Fatalerror,

You guys are killing me! I'm also LEO.. but 19 years, close enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel but to far away to be able to get excited about it.

Ok I'll stay on topic. :)

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
PS: last weeks ride in now on fotki, link below. The video is also on the link in the video section
Hey Charlie,

I checked your video. Although the roads were not from the twisty series I like the quality of the record. There is no vibration at all! Were you sitting on a limo? :mrgreen:
What mount do you use for the cam, and where it is on the bike?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Balázs, Hi guy

It a little helment cam called Tony Hawk that I recored the ride with. First time I used and hope to get better with it. You don't need all the long straight riding video, just a few of the curves, kind of where you can see most of the bikes. BTW is was only $50.00, almost a throw away when it goes bad. So far no problem. I will do several next week and post them.
It had a stickie pad that comes with it and that seem to help with most vibration, it was located on the right side just above the engine guard of the DL1000

Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Charlie,

could you please tell me more about it? I've checked their website, but didn't find some info and I am interested in that.

• What movie format it records (e.g. .mov, .avi, .wmv, else)?
  • How long video you can record on 32 MB card?
  • Can the cam use larger capacity SD card?
  • How long the battery life?
  • What editing software comes in the box?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Sounds like this should be a great turn out. It will be good to give Brendan some good times while he is down here.

Jan 6th (Sat) ride is now SET. Mike Schmidts is getting with Brendan so Brendan can ride his DL1000 on this ride.

Jan 7th (Sun)
Jan 8th (Mon)

Either the 7th or 8th I will take Brendan on the Crystal River to see the Manatees and have a little tour of the river and a short ride on the Ozello trail.

I need somebody to step up for one of these day and take Brendan down the St Johns. It can either be the 7th or 8th. My schedule is open to do either day.

Charlie
[email protected]
We can take Brendan on the ST Johns on Sunday the 7th. I have a 17' Dura Craft bass boat. The boat is great for fishing and getting in the shallow back waters for some great nature pics. I live in Sanford so we could launch from several locations on thre river. Please give me a call 407 330-7446 or my cell 407 687-6979
Thanks, Mystrom

1 - 20 of 74 Posts