StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard/saw that the V Strom 650 needs a valve inspection done at the first service, but I don't see any mention of it in my owners manual. I have already changed the oil and filter, adjusted the chain, etc. on teh bike myself and was wondering if the valves do indeed need to be checked. I want to maintian the bike by the book as I have all of my other bikes.

Thanks,
Chris

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Nope. The first valve clearance inspection is scheduled at 14,500 miles.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You heard wrong... first valve inspection is at 24,000km... Follow your manual... it is correct...

·
Registered
43 Posts
My 2010 is just due for it's first service (1000kms). I've done the oil and gone over all the chassis bolts, as well as checked the torque on the exhaust/muffler joints. Cables have been checked over, chain checked over, etc. I need to pick up the right size Torx to check the header pipe to cylinder joints. Aside from that, is there anything more to do? Anything only the dealer can do? (e.g., special tools, etc)? I hate to give my gas, ice-cream and farkle money to the dealer unless I need to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I suspected that I had just got some incorrect information on the first valve adjustment/inspection. Glad to hear the manual is correct and no inspection until 14,500 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts