StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this before posting, nothing found.

I just mounted a Metzeler Marathon 880 160/70/B17 73h (made in Brazil, very recent mfg. date) on the back of my '07 650A. Inflated to 42 psi. When slowing to a stop (from about 17 mph to around 13 mph) I'm feeling a slight vibration.

I removed the rear wheel, double checked everything (balance, spacers, hardware, etc.) and found nothing amiss. Remounted wheel on bike, same vibration when slowing to a stop. I've only put about 20 miles on the bike since mounting the tire and the vibration is very slight.

I've read a few posts on other sites about issues with Brazilian-made Metzelers. Anyone have an issue with these?

·
Registered
253 Posts
On my 3rd 880 ( rear) and nothing like this has come up. Did you remove the brake caliper during the process ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I removed the caliper and tie-wrapped it to the swing arm while changing the tire. I made sure the caliper was aligned correctly during re-installation. Also, checked chain tension and alignment carefully. After the ride the tire did seem pretty hot (very hot day) but the brake disc and sprocket seemed normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts